Yokohama Geolander X-AT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thorslc1977

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone tried the Yokohama Geolander X-AT tires? Looking for feedback. I have had good luck with Yokohama tires in the past.

I'd be interested in feedback as well. I love Yokohama and run them all all my vehicles except the 200. I've taken my 100 series with A/T G015's all over and they've performed great. The X-AT's almost have a BFG KO2 similar tread pattern so that's nice to see

I will probably get a set in the next few weeks (I already missed their April $80 rebate) I will report back on here what I find.

I've had the X-AT in 275/70/18 since September, but haven't taken them off road other than a light snow run late last year. They performed just as good on the snow if not better than the KO2s I have on my Tacoma. I feel that the KO2s are a very quiet tire and with the X-AT you can just notice them humming along. They aren't loud like most aggressive mud terrains. It's difficult to compare the two on road because the X-AT are on my full time 4wd Lexus GX and the BFGs on the Tacoma. Hope this helps.

I just got these a month or so ago mounted on LT275/70R18 on Tundra TRD wheels. I did have to install spacers on my 100 series. They are as quiet as the Michelin LTX A/T2 I had on before. Not have a chance to use them in snow, mud, or rain. I really like them thus far.

Thanks for the feed back. I have been a fan of Yokohama tires for a long time. I see they have a $70 rebate on 4 tires now through July 5th. With the price of oil bottomed out and nobody driving I was kind of hoping for more of a price drop.

We got into a lot of mud today and these Yokohama X-AT gripped and pulled me where I pointed them. I was very surprised at how well they performed at low speed and packed with mud.

IMG_20200606_165213.jpg

I had Yokohama geolamder 265-75-16 , on my 78 overlander vehicle , for 4-5 years , approve 50 -60 k km on them.
the truck was heavy with all the gear , aprox 2.8-3 t , the tire always performed perfectly .
very good on wet roads , all tires on dry surface are good ...
in general I would say that they are rather soft handling , but long lasting .
very good tire , would recommend them any day .

Doesn't look like they make them for a 16" rim or am I just missing something? Would like to see them produced in 255/85/R16 but not holding my breath that they will.

@cahill , I think they do make one size for 16, it is second to last on the dropdown menu, LT265/275R16. I think that is 32 inch tire.

B84A704B-98C6-4AB7-A205-8A8232D72D34.png

Thanks, I must have skipped that as I was looking fora 33" tire. My plan was to run similar sized tires on both my vehicles and have one be a MT and the other AT to get a better sense of their differences in performance. Not seeing much in the way of AT that are narrow. I like the look of the Geolandar G003 and was thinking of equiping one of the vehicles with that tire for the MT.

Well I finally got some and they are great! Very quiet on road. Lots of grip in off road loose stuff. Love them so far.

I got a set on order, 285/70 R17, to replace my Cooper ST Maxx. I am happy with the on and offroad grip of the Coopers, road noise is a little higher than I would like. Their major downfall is their crap quality (warped casings) and tyres now falling to bits (massive lug damage) and their stupid expensive pricing (near on $500 ea). I would be very happy if the X-AT matches the offroad traction and a slightly lower noise.

Geo X-AT needs to come in a 285-75-16's....

I am looking at a set of these 265/75/16. The only drawback I can see is that like the ST Maxx they are heavy. Anybody have anything else to say about them good or bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom