Yeti jumps the shark (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The worst is the bottle opener that they sell for $50. Like others have said it’s all about marketing. Living in Austin, their base of operation, I see plenty of vehicles with Yeti stickers on them. I think it’s funny to brag about a ice chest your overpaid for.

yeah, that s*** down here is crazy. i’m pretty sure the hipsters wearing their hats are brain dead. i bought a 30 or whatever at about 1/4 retail off craigslist and on driving home from buying it decided i was sure it was stolen.

They keep selling them not because they are innovative, the best, or anything else. They keep selling them because they are masters of marketing and the use of social media in doing so. Their story is something of legend in terms of early social media marketing. So now they are outdoor Gucci (like patigonia). Anyway my only issue with them is the fact that the demand top dollar and are made mostly in China and Vietnam, which usually makes things cheaper. There are many top quality similar products for the same cost or less made in the USA (Cordova, bison, orca, canyon, grizzly, igloo, cabelas, pelican, ...). Ok, ok. I’m off my soap box now.

Yep and "patigonia" :p is literally overpriced trash. And I intentionally used the word "literally". They take trash, recycle it and make their products out of it. Thats not the way to make the best product. There are multiple outdoor clothing companies who make a better product for the same or better price.

The irony is-as I was reading this thread an ad for Yeti popped up on my screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom