Yet another - Water in LC100 driver footwell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. I did see many threads about this, but no help was found for me. So I decided to ask myself and explain my situation.
I have water on the carpet in driver side foot well.
I have 1999 LC100 with no sunroof. There was not installed roof rack and bolts looks original under those factory plastic covers. There is no sign of water anywhere on headliner area around the car. No water on B pilalr area. I have removed A pillar and found no signs of water except one point. When you remove A pillar - hole is opened between dashboard and body so I could see bit of wind shield attached to the body on the bottom horizoontal line - and there is some water on the sort of ledge, but Im not sure if it was condensation or leak. Other than that I can see no sign of water, stains or whatever under A pillar (mean on what I can see as metal sheet body). Im not sure if previous owner changed wind shield. On the summer there is no water. It happen only when there is heavy raining and in the winter. In the summer it happen to naturally dry over some time, but in the winter with the snow it is wet all the time. I also find that under the carpet there is secondary layer between carpet and metal sheet in the area of pedals and this sort of lining goes from under the pedals up under the dashboard probebly up to windshiled (as far as I cand see there). This lining have also thick layer of foam on the back side. I found that this lining is wet soaked (foam layer which is between metal sheet and lining plastic) and is more soaked on the bottom area and left side towards A pillar. But electornic units and wires are dry. I found also that there is big rubber part which goes through fire wall and cables, hoses go through that. The foam part around is soaked also, but I thied to dry this area with towels and I pour water on the bottom corner of a windshield - water goes under the hood and if there is enough flow it goes also little bit on this rubber part which is housing cables and so on. But I found no leak through this rubber part so far. Perhaps it was short test. Anyway Im desparate and I have scheduled exchange of windshield and I cant find any other source. But I didnt find solid proof that it goes through wind shield.
So I would like to ask. Is there a test or place to look for water to confirm the source? Where should I look to confirm wind shield. Could it be this rubber part where cables passing through fire wall? Is there any other source to look at? There is just a little bubbles of rust on the upper edge of windshield, but inside it is all just clear without stains on A pilalr area as far as I can see. water is just found in foot well and under this second layer carper/lining. I just guess that it can somehow get from wind shield behind this lining and down to footwell. Any advice is welcome as I have scheduled wind shield echange in two days, but not sure if that good move. Im skilled mechanically and have all tools necessary so I think I can perform any test you throw at me. Thanks in advance

So I found it finally. It is windshield. I put car on incline surface - driver side down and found water coming on that ledge on the window bottom line. Visible just when you remove A pillar. So I also notice that intermediate carpet / lining comes up to this ledge under the windshield and is build in such a way that if water comes from windshield it drips beweeen this lining and metal sheet. So I have pushed my fingers behind that lining and found that foam which is on the lining is soaked in water. Clearly water goes this way down to the foot well. Just between this lining and metal sheet. Fortunately by this way it cant get to any electronics as it is kept between lining and metal sheet all the way down to footwell. Pictures attached if that helps to anyone to identify the problem. My middle finger pushing on that lining and behind that foam is soaked in water. Also you can just see that ledge where water coming and dripping down.

20230221_091529[1].jpg

20230221_091623[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom