Yet another newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yet another newbie...I purchased a 1996 fzj80 with lockers back in January as a twin rig. I would like to know more about the Land Cruiser and am really looking for someone to mentor me on it. I enjoy working on vehicles and the sense of accomplishment from doing the work myself, although I am a little busy with the two new additions. Right now, I know it needs the front axle service with new brakes. Anyone available for helping me shorten the learning curve? TIA...

Best way to learn is hang around with us. Come to a meeting. Show up for a run. You can also search the FAQ in the 80 section, or search the 80 forum. I would strongly suggest you purchase a Factory Service Manual for your truck if you plan on doing any work yourself.

Oh, and welcome aboard :flipoff2: <-- offical greeting.

Yet another newbie...I purchased a 1996 fzj80 with lockers back in January as a twin rig. I would like to know more about the Land Cruiser and am really looking for someone to mentor me on it. I enjoy working on vehicles and the sense of accomplishment from doing the work myself, although I am a little busy with the two new additions. Right now, I know it needs the front axle service with new brakes. Anyone available for helping me shorten the learning curve? TIA...

You are welcome to come over to my house and we can knock out the FAS in a day as long as the weather is good.

Only stipulation: Parts must come from American Toyota...or CDan will jinx your head gasket to his collection in his office.

:lol:

Beno, thank you! That would be great! I am planning to call CDan today and order the parts. One thing, though, the truck tends to be a little loose in the steering on the freeway. Can I bring it by and could you help me diagnose this so I can order the correct parts if needed? BTW, my parents live in Corrales and I used to work at the Chevron in high school.

Beno, thank you! That would be great! I am planning to call CDan today and order the parts. One thing, though, the truck tends to be a little loose in the steering on the freeway. Can I bring it by and could you help me diagnose this so I can order the correct parts if needed? BTW, my parents live in Corrales and I used to work at the Chevron in high school.

Loose steering on the 80 is usually indicative of the following:

1. Out of balance tires
2. Loose/worn out tie rod ends
3. Loose/destroyed wheel bearings/knuckle bearings
4. Worn out steering gear box.

These are your basic options.

We can take a look and see what happens.

My information is in my sig. Feel free to give a call and we can set up a date to take care of your front end.

Best.
-onur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom