Yet another new issue with the 40.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I swear my poor 40 is trying hard not to go to Tellico this weekend. After batteling carb. and fuel delievery demons for the better part of week now I finally have gotten them worked out enough so that the 40 will hit 60mph, which should be sufficent to get me to Tellico.

and what do I notice after test driving around for a while this morning......... I am leaking axle/gear oil from the passenger side, it was slung all over the inside of my tire............:mad: so I might have to replace the seal in there too, I am going to try to see how bad it is first. Just in case though does any one have any axle seals??? I don't think I could order one and have it arrive on time and plus I have 9 bucks to my name..........

Oh the fun continues, I am just ready for friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

My inventory

all new
1 slightly used inner axle seal. 1000 miles on it. I think it will still work

080A2.gif

hittin that hole really f'd you bad man

well I just finished skinning one of the tube fenders one to go them I will take a pic

and doesn't appear to be coming out where the felt is, rather it is being slung out via the slots in the rotor...........

JP,

If you took a hard hit on that wheel, as mentioned above, you may have cracked something. Perhaps the hub if it's coming out from the rotor vents. :confused:

What with you and those rotor seals? This is #two for you. Quick fix would be to pull the rotor and replace the bearing seal. You would still have to get the inner axle seal sometime but at least this would keep all the goopy grease/gearoil from comming out. Might take 15 min. For a patch for this weekend.

CruisinTiger said:
hittin that hole really f'd you bad man

The ironic thing is it was a hole I made when pulling him out of the first ditch he wedged himself in.

Seals Aplenty

ClemsonCruiser said:
I swear my poor 40 is trying hard not to go to Tellico this weekend. After batteling carb. and fuel delievery demons for the better part of week now I finally have gotten them worked out enough so that the 40 will hit 60mph, which should be sufficent to get me to Tellico.

and what do I notice after test driving around for a while this morning......... I am leaking axle/gear oil from the passenger side, it was slung all over the inside of my tire............:mad: so I might have to replace the seal in there too, I am going to try to see how bad it is first. Just in case though does any one have any axle seals??? I don't think I could order one and have it arrive on time and plus I have 9 bucks to my name..........

Oh the fun continues, I am just ready for friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
JP, May have what you need. I can also pull a hub off the 79 in my shop yard which will have a seal and bearings included. Let me know. There yours if you can use. 313-9407 Cell. 836-6641 Home.

Alan, I appreciate it. I am going to take a look at the hub this morning. I took me a lot longer than expected to weld up the fenders and aprons........ I will let you know.

Your 40 is going to Tellico even if we have to jack it up and drive another under it! ( Yogi Berra) If it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any!

Well, I loned my GF my 62 today and forgot to get my jack out, so I haven't gotten to check out the wheel yet. That will be first thing in the morning, it shouldn't be a hard fix though :)

My 40 will be there for sure, I just hope it does so under its own power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom