Yet another Mustard 77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're probably right but I don't want to cover up a problem. I'm nowhere near ready to tackle the replacement, I just want to have the right part on the shelf when the time comes.

B careful with the new sill. I got mine about 2 months ago ant is starting to rust already. I am in south florida with 80 to 90% humidity though. You might need to paint it if your gonna use it later.

Ahhh... much better. Duratrac 31x10.50 15s on OEM steel rims painted using Valspar MF gray out of a rattle can.
tmp_549-IMG_20150624_161702234-587293514.jpg

Last edited:
Time to get to work!
Plugs
Wires
Cap
Rotor
Points (don't know if I'm going to attempt them though)
Belts
Various hoses
Fuel filter
Bumpers
Front axle service
Install shorter birfs
Replace Warn hubs with Aisin
Replace worm gear clamps with OEM clamps
Replace oil pan gasket
Replace front crank seal and timing cover
Replace rear main seal
Replace weather stripping on all doors (remove PO's caulk job :bang:)
Front license plate bracket
Replace knockoff side view mirrors with OEM
And last but certainly not least...install a set of OEM hub caps

Thank you Mr. Azeri for the in person delivery!

tmp_19000-IMG_20150720_175357988-293217937.jpg

Last edited:
cool. sorry for the hijack. sweet 40 and i agree best year. too bad it wasn't blue!!

i think i'll be checking awl teq out for a sill after seeing what you purchased. he's not too far away from me so shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of one. thats another chapter of my build though. got to get the driveline together first.

nice to see you got the one piece oil pan gasket. i used it on my 62 and if you use the adhesive that toyota sells it seals beautifully. just make sure you put it on the right direction. i actually got it backwards once and yes there is a front and back. at least on the 3fe. just double check because its a pain to get off!!

Should I have to remove the drive shaft to take off the clutch/flywheel inspection cover or is my exhaust routed towards the center of the truck an inch too far? I'm working on replacing the oil pan gasket and I'm interested to see if my rear main is leaking before I dig too far in to it. I've read that looking for a swirl pattern drip of oil on the fly wheel is indicative but what if the truck has been sitting for a couple weeks? Can I assume I'd then just see a single vertical drip? If the flywheel doesn't have any oil on it should I leave the rear main seal alone?

You should not have to remove any other Items to remove the inspection cover. I just learned that there is another seal on the back of the engine that is covered by the bell housing and flywheel that can also leak. I don't recall the thread, but it may be a rear cam shaft seal, or something like that.

to remove the drive shaft to take off the clutch/flywheel inspection cover or is my exhaust routed towards the center of the truck an inch too far? I'm working on replacing the oil pan gasket and I'm interested to see if my rear main is leaking before I dig too far in to it. I've read that looking for a swirl pattern drip of oil on the fly wheel is indicative but what if the truck has been sitting for a couple weeks? Can I assume I'd then just see a single vertical drip? If the flywheel doesn't have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom