Yet another front end popping noise thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, looking for some ideas on what this noise might be? Appears to be coming from passenger front, happens when turning left or going over bumps in the road, relatively intermittently.

I've looked through some threads with similar issues but can't quite track it down. My LX in the last 5k miles has had:
Driveshaft grease
UCA's
LCA's
Sway Bar Bushings
End links
Rack and Pinion
Wheel Bearings
OEM Axles
Inner and Outer Tie Rods

Damn near an entirely new front end.. I can't seem to replicate rocking the vehicle, sounds like something is catching and releasing causing a pop/clunk.. Thanks for the read and appreciate any advice.

Are your tires rubbing on the fender liner? Hard to tell from that clip.

Are your tires rubbing on the fender liner? Hard to tell from that clip.
Not that I've noticed (no other symptoms and I don't see any marring inside the fender liner). Only running 33's

Have somebody watch your t-bars (from the side of the vehicle) while you drive back and forth with heavy braking. If the t-bars move fore/aft, then replace frame side lower control arm bushings. I see you replaced the LCA, so those bushings should be good.

Have somebody watch your t-bars (from the side of the vehicle) while you drive back and forth with heavy braking. If the t-bars move fore/aft, then replace frame side lower control arm bushings. I see you replaced the LCA, so those bushings should be good.
Thanks Hoser, will do. Took the wheel off the truck today and found a torn outer tie rod boot. Not sure how that happened. Might have our winner here.

I had the same problem. Replaced everything with OEM; upper control arms, lower control arm bushings, shocks & globes, rack with tie-rods, sway-bar bushings and the rack mount on the front diff cover. No luck. Finally took it to the dealer. They said the lower control arm bushings were the problem and said they don't replace just the bushing and would only replace the entire control arms that come with the bushing pre-installed. This fixed the "pop" and now it drives like new. Spent just over $6500 in parts and labor. Ugh! Would do the shocks again, just globes as needed. Even if the shocks are leaking a bit, new globes will most likely fix that.

I had the same problem. Replaced everything with OEM; upper control arms, lower control arm bushings, shocks & globes, rack with tie-rods, sway-bar bushings and the rack mount on the front diff cover. No luck. Finally took it to the dealer. They said the lower control arm bushings were the problem and said they don't replace just the bushing and would only replace the entire control arms that come with the bushing pre-installed. This fixed the "pop" and now it drives like new. Spent just over $6500 in parts and labor. Ugh! Would do the shocks again, just globes as needed. Even if the shocks are leaking a bit, new globes will most likely fix that.
New globes won't fix your leaking shocks, 9 out of 10 times leaky shocks mean the AHC pressure is too high and needs to be adjusted to factory recommended pressures via the torsion bars in the front or new springs or spacers or both of those in the rear, depending on what weight you'll be carrying back there. The other 1 out of 10 is a most likely rusted out or a bad diagnoses by a shop who doesn't understand AHC.

New globes here and no leaky shocks.

I do have the smallest amount of play here. Another item to look at and keep an eye on. thanks for the tip.

New globes here and no leaky shocks.

I do have the smallest amount of play here. Another item to look at and keep an eye on. thanks for the tip.
@tyl3rd did you ever fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom