Yet another dumb oil weight question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok.... so I’ve read a bunch of random threads on here about oil weight and im not confused as much as I have a simple straight forward question.... I have Valvoline vr1 synthetic race oil 5-20. Got a lot of it by accident. Didn’t realize it was blue and have never seen anything like it. Is it ok to put in my 96 LX450? Will
It cause any type of sludge? It’s high zinc which I’ve read is good for the old engine, but how often will I need to change it, normal, 5k? Etc. thanks y’all!

Probably better to post in the 100 series? Section. We 60 series people just run congealed moose blood for our engines.

s*** wrong forum! Thanks!

Probably better to post in the 100 series? Section. We 60 series people just run congealed moose blood for our engines.
I started running tiger blood in mine this year and have noticed that my 0-60 has improved from 15 seconds down to 14.8. Really having to use that headrest on fast starts now.

I started running tiger blood in mine this year and have noticed that my 0-60 has improved from 15 seconds down to 14.8. Really having to use that headrest on fast starts now.

I don't know if the soft spot in the back of my head could handle that kind of acceleration :D

That oil is going to be high-zinc, low-detergent. Fine to use if you add a qt + 7 qts of normal oil. Will boost the zinc content and lower the viscosity of the oil slightly. Not as critical in those 'more-modern' engines with overhead cam. You might want to sell it to someone with a 2F :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom