Yes!!! She's all mine!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A 1996 LX 450 with 123K one owner, soccer mom miles.

She's also got LOCKERS, Lexus service records, new front driver/passenger leather seat bottoms and a beautiful black ding-free body. The closest she's ever been to muddin' is dodging a few oranges barrels on the highway.

Before the week's out, will order the FSM, some parts for the P401 CEL service and new tires.

And next Wednesday, the family's off for a week to Rocky Mountain National Park and other points west to introduce her to a little dirt.

Only glitch so far is the factory alarm, which seems to be the RS3000. Couldn't fix it with new remote battery, so tried to reprogram the ECU by pushing the green button on the side of unit under driver's seat. Nothing happens (no chirp, no light on dash indicator). Checked dome fuse - OK. Any advice for a new guy on the best next move?

This board's great, I'm glad to be here.
Axle-LowRes-V3.jpg

Last edited:
Hey congrats! One day i'll have one........ Give us a shout when you get into Colorado. Seems like somebodys always going up wheelin....

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/

Axle said:
Can you tell I'm stoked? She's a 1996 LX 450 with 123K one owner, soccer mom miles.

She's also got LOCKERS, Lexus service records, new front driver/passenger leather seat bottoms and a beautiful black ding-free body. The closest she's ever been to muddin' is dodging a few oranges barrels on the highway.

We're already waiting on the delivery man to bring our new:

LEDs
CDL switch
Slee Skid Plate
Sirius Radio
New roof rack

Before the week's out, will order the FSM, some parts for the P401 CEL service and new tires.

Once the low hanging fruit is out of the way, I see some more armour in her future. But probably a winter project.

And next Wednesday, the family's off for a week to Rocky Mountain National Park and other points west to introduce her to a little dirt.

Only glitch so far is the factory alarm, which seems to be the RS3000. Couldn't fix it with new remote battery, so tried to reprogram the ECU by pushing the green button on the side of unit under driver's seat. Nothing happens (no chirp, no light on dash indicator). Checked dome fuse - OK. Any advice for a new guy on the best next move?

Is it me or is yours the rare compact cruiser! :D

Welcome....looks like your picture didn't get sized correctly.

Nice looking rig at home in the mall parking lot! ;)

The quintessential mall cruiser... :rolleyes: Glad to see it in good hands now.

Yup, Looks great, Its the new short bus?!? First thing you should do is head out and take some new pic's, Congrats, I hope you have fun in it, Dunno if you are a lurker or just new, But there is plenty to learn right here at your fingettips.
Have fun

Axle said:
...- OK. Any advice for a new guy on the best next move?

Your first move would be to lock 'er up , krawl the mall curbs, take pics and post 'em (don't think that hasn't been done before :doh: )

and... oh yeah...

:flipoff2: WELCOME! :flipoff2:

WET

oh...I forgot :whoops: ... nice looking rig btw :D

Get ready for the pink panty parade :princess:

:cheers:

WET

Great, exactly what we need more pink panty lexus wheelers :flipoff2:

Just kidding nice rig.

Welcome :flipoff2:

OZCAL said:
Nice! Did you take it to the mall for one last look at the good life?

The good life, cruisers are meant to be taking offroad. They're just being caged in when soccer moms drive em.

Welcome, Axle! Beautiful rig (maybe I'm a little biased as I have a black LX myself). Keep us up to date on the mods!

Welcome :flipoff2:

Nice score by the way.

Nicely done!

Welcome aboard :flipoff2:

Congrats. Just like mine is, ah er was.
Cheers,
Sean

Very nice!! Welcome Axle

Very nice!!! I just picked up the same rig with 63K hope to have it delivered in a week or so and I will post pic then and keep people updated on it's mods but my first plans are to remove the roof rack and side steps and install the slee 6". Ours are the same year and both locked....I hope to be at cruise moab next year hope to see your there.

cheers
Rob

Welcome :flipoff2: Nice looking rig. Looks like you have a free bike rack too.

Nordstrom is the perfect background for Lexus pics. What would the equivalent background be for an FJ80?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom