Yes I know another turbo question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, yes as the thread's title says another turbo question... Attached is what I'm currently running but I would like to upgrade. I have been reading lots about turbos and mods and compressor wheel size and turbine size but I still don't get hf of it.
The question is, are there any bits (compressor, turbine, washers, bearings, etc) that I can purchase "off the shelf" and then bring them to the only turbo guy here in Uganda to assemble and balance all the while keeping my turbo case?
I deally i would like something more efficient than what I have and also be able to run higher than my stock 15 psi.
I have a 1hd-t with a top mount intercooler if that helps
Thenaks!

IMG-20190622-WA0003.jpg

You're simply not going to get much more performance (safely) out of stock CT26 turbo. Past 15psi the efficiency drops off drastically and heat goes way up. There's a good chance you'll damage it operating at over 15psi for extended time.

I think the part you're showing is the stock waste gate which is good to about 12psi. You can add a manual boost controller (what I did) and bump it up to 15psi pretty easily. Beyond that, you're probably looking at going with a GTurbo. Yes, you can rebuild the stock CT26 and re-use the housing but it won't change the safe operation of it.

Thanks for the reply.... I'm running a Ct20b from an fte. I bought an uprated turbo kit with the 360 deg thrust washer and was told that with that I can increase the boost to 18-20 psi.

You're simply not going to get much more performance (safely) out of stock CT26 turbo. Past 15psi the efficiency drops off drastically and heat goes way up. There's a good chance you'll damage it operating at over 15psi for extended time.

I think the part you're showing is the stock waste gate which is good to about 12psi. You can add a manual boost controller (what I did) and bump it up to 15psi pretty easily. Beyond that, you're probably looking at going with a GTurbo. Yes, you can rebuild the stock CT26 and re-use the housing but it won't change the safe operation of it.

Munro in Australia hi-flows the stock turbo so it can push more than 15psi for about half what a Gturbo costs, FYI.

Munro in Australia hi-flows the stock turbo so it can push more than 15psi for about half what a Gturbo costs, FYI.

High flow is a terrible result for most people. It doesn't address the big problem which is the turbine and only allows more compressor flow at high boost and high rpm.

I've got a post somewhere here where I measured stock boost on a 1HD-FTE with CT20B.

Thanks for the reply.... I'm running a Ct20b from an fte. I bought an uprated turbo kit with the 360 deg thrust washer and was told that with that I can increase the boost to 18-20 psi.

are you watching your AFR / EGT as well as IAT and post IC temp ..?

Boost it's a fun game but not a cheap one on my books . ..

Yes. I bought boost and EGT gauge just for that as I would not attempt any tuning without those 2 and then IC air temperature in and out just for curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom