yep another tire post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey to all, i have been away from my baby all summer and now that i have earned some cash it is time to make up for it. before i left for austin, tx to work for the summer i put a 4" skyjacker sua lift on my little green machine and now i am in the process of tire searching for it. i think i want to go with the ltb 34X10.5 but i am also contemplating the tsl 34x3.5......I am curious as to wether these will fit and if this is a good setup to run. Any info helps. thanks

anyone with pics of this setup would help a great deal as well....thanks again....happy cruising

How much highway/daily driving do you do?

IMO TSL aren't so good the street and are great off road. If you do a lot of on-road driving so with a good radial, BFG or Goodyear (my preference).

If you don't mind cut'n the rear quarters, put some TJ or Bushwacker flares on the rear. The front may be snug once the springs settle in, but should be okay.

This is with 35" MTR's and "slightly clearanced" front fenders
IMG_0196.jpg
one.JPG

couple guys I know with the LTB's love them.....would be a good size for that lift too IMO

Is it the LTB that's bias ply, or the TSL?

The bias ply tires will thump-thump-thump for a few minutes after you get going each day. Some people can't deal with it.

post says 3.5, i'm assuming 13.5. what kind of running do you do? mild trail and mud, i'd go skinnier, but if you're off camber a lot, i'd go wider. either way, 34's will be nice with the skyjacker lift

Sorry for the thread hijack. What is the diffrence between BFG MT and BFG MU? Is $145 for 33"x9.5 MU's mounted and balanced a good deal? Thanks

Last edited:
Swapped tires with TheGr8Doughboy last week so he could run some more streetable tires to the beach. Mine are 31x10.5 on 15x10's on saggy stock sua setup but we did manage to fit his slightly worn 34x10.5 tslsx on 10x8's (I think have to look again). Who cares about the thump thump of the bias tires these things look mean on a 40. Chris doesn’t know it yet but I’m gonna put a lock lug on each tire so he can’t have em back!!!!
I too have contemplated the bfg or goodyear mud’s but this is my 2nd vehicle and think swampers are the way to go. Plus I wanna get rid of the dukes of hazard rims but may keep them for a second set of street tires, but damn they make the 40 look wimpy.
Cave in to peer pressure... put some swampers on it.

Can you see my eyebrows....do it, DO IT!!

Skyjacker 2.5, 2" shackle with 34x9.5 swampers

very good input....i apreciated it. for the most part i spend about half of my time on the busted up roads of stillwater and when im not on the asphalt it's pretty much mud and rocks from there on out. You all bring up some good points. i would like to avoid cutting into those nice quarter panels and hopefully i can fit the 34 with out doing so but, i am also curious as to wether the 10.50 will stick out of the fenders or not. i hear the tsl's wear very fast and i am not sure if thats as much the case with the ltb, so, i am kind of leaning in that direction. i hear the ltb's are a little stickyer and have a larger 3rd lug...plus they are cheaper and bias ply!! btw nice cruisers for those of you who provided pics.

you should be ab le to keep a 9.5 or 10.5 inside the fenderwell. the 13.5 will most likely require cutting or fender damage.

yeah i believe im going to go with the ltb 34X10.5 because they are supposed to be stickier than tsl's. plus the previously mentioned advantages.

the 34x10.5 ltb's are going to be my next purchase once i get back to the lower 48

red dirt squirt said:
i hear the tsl's wear very fast and i am not sure if thats as much the case with the ltb, so, i am kind of leaning in that direction.

LTBs wear even faster than TSLs. They're tough to balance and need re-balancing on a regular basis. A buddy had them on his minitruck and they worked great offroad, but sucked in virtually every category of on-road performance - even worse than other variants of swampers.

They're great tires at a great price for what they do well, but roads aren't it.

hopefully i can just rotate them all the time. then again, this is an all around driver and sees the street and trail equally. hmmmm pay more for tsl(9.5) or go with the ltb(10.5)? still confused! definitely decided on 34's though.

red dirt squirt said:
hopefully i can just rotate them all the time.

It's not that the rears wore faster or that they wore unevenly. It's that they ALL wore down FAST. If you do a lot of road driving, I would be surprised if you had much useable tread after 15K.

IMO, the 34x9.50 TSLs look silly with only about 7" of tread width. If it has to be skinny, I think I'd go for some Buckshots.

Mileage VS. Bling!!

If were on the subject of mileage... dont the BFG and Wrangler MTR's have the best range for road use as well as a moderate/agressive tread pattern???

And as for BFG vs. Goodyear dosent BFG have a mud thats a remake of the krawler with the more agressive sidewall????

Damn... I know weve done this before and I really like the SS TSL but Im worried with the amount of road vs. offroad that they are going to see!
As well as the sidewall roll with a 12.50 tire on a 15x8 rim (which i plan to replace my 15x10's with).

Sorry to throw the hijack in!!

Peace
Neal

fwiw, i've always got tons of mileage out of bfg/s and they are still a decent off road tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom