Builds Yellow Unicorn!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eco 45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Base of the Three Sisters Mountains Oregon
Website
www.eco-offroad.com
Been hunting for cars around the world for years and you always hear little whispers about certain cars that exist in real life but are never seen. Fresh off the boat from Japan is a Factory 4 door 75 series truck! From my understanding these were special order for commercial use and it is unknown how many were built total. This one had belonged to a fire department and was barely used. The Japanese owner removed the fire equipment on the back, installed a ute bed and painted it yellow. Now the fun will begin as I search through all the parts I have laying around and see what I can add to this rig.

IMG_6995.JPG
IMG_6996.JPG
IMG_6997.JPG

Any pics of the interior? Is it more factory looking than the Aussie mining utes?

also those fender mirrors are awesome

Few more photos---quality might be a little down as I have been on the road 11 hours making the round trip to the port and back.

IMG_7810.JPG
IMG_7811.JPG
IMG_7813.JPG
IMG_7815.JPG
IMG_7817.JPG

It looks like a cut down HZJ77 sitting on 75 series chassis

So Scott, what does the data plate show?

Something like HZJ75-MR3?

So damn cool.

It shows MRU and this is what the VIN brings up:
IMG_6998.JPG

It looks like a cut down HZJ77 sitting on 75 series chassis

A 79 Series double cab looks like a cut down 76 series on a 79 series chassis:beer:

Speechless.

Of course only one way to celebrate such a find:

IMG_6999.JPG

I remember seeing this one on the yahoo auctions. I was like whoa...when I saw it.

So a couple little interesting things about the 75 series that are designated for fire use:

1st. They don't believe in manual or automatic hubs. Time to dig through my pile of hubs to see what I have. I have a Mitsubishi fire truck that has manual hubs so it isn't all fire trucks.

2nd. The diesel fire trucks are 12 volt vs 24 volt for the civilian 70's series trucks with 1HZ's sold in Japan.

IMG_7006.JPG

IMG_7007.JPG

Quick scavenger hunt through my parts and yard...things are looking good. Found one new Aisin hub and a parts rig with complete OME suspension with only 15K miles. Now I just need this strange VW off my lift so I can do some work on the Yellow Truck!

IMG_7009.JPG

IMG_7008.JPG

IMG_7004.JPG

i like that the difference between this one and the other 75-series firetrucks i've seen in photos so far is that yours has a regular hardtop roof, and the others have the bubble-shaped raised roof

I snuck the truck into the shop briefly and was able to finish the a/c system. The previous owner had started to install an a/c system using a lot of factory 70 series parts, however it was missing several parts. Blowing nice and cold now which is good as summer temps are actually starting to show up. Still shifting in my parts piles for various items I can toss on this truck. Had a good find today as I had forgotten about a new ute bed I had hiding under a tarp that a customer bought for a Land Rover Defender project a couple years ago but then he decided to go a different direction. He left me the bed and I hid it away a little too well. The bed on the truck is quite shallow so this will make a nice addition to the truck as the sides are at least 4 inches taller.

IMG_7056.JPG

IMG_7057.JPG

Install it high enough to store spare tyres underneath and hang tool boxes rear of the wheels.

Install it high enough to store spare tyres underneath and hang tool boxes rear of the wheels.

The one thing I bought for this truck is a larger fuel tank, just waiting on it to land. With the fire units the fuel tank is usually part of the fire body and sits high. The previous owner after removing the fire stuff found a tank that is on the smallish side and mounted it in the frame. So with the larger tank and hopefully a pullout drawer system that mounts under the bed the spare tire will have to be in the bed. Plus I have found over the years that every time I get a flat the truck is sitting in something nasty so its a bonus not to have to go under the truck to retrieve the spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom