Yellow Snow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfc

Threads
I know I should post this in the dodge section but nobody goes in there.

Yesterday i noticed that when I start my dodge in the morning an let it warm uf for about 30 min, the snow pile next to the exhaust goes yellow. I though it may be because it was so cold out ~-30C, today was much warmer ~-20C and same thing.

Do you think one cylinder isn’t fireing?

Last edited:
Keep your dog inside the next time you start it! :hillbilly:

Seriously, if one cylinder wasn't firing properly, then you would have white smoke and the smell of unburnt diesel. Perhaps it could be the diesel additive you are using or maybe someone like Deny is playing a practical joke on you and has stuffed a bunch of sulfur up your exhaust.

If other than the bit of yellow snow it starts and operates okay, I wouldn't worry about it.

there is lots of smoke, and lot of unburt diesle smell..........but evey car smokes at -30 no matter how warm the engine is

In the summer I had a little bit of white/grey smoke

If the smoke is only on start-up, then I would suspect that you have a glow plug issue. If so, then check your glow plugs. If you need new glow plugs, then I can recommend Rockauto. I was surprised to find that they sold them for my Safari at 1/6 the price I would have had to pay locally. If glow p;lugs are your issue, I'd replace them all and keep the good ones as emergency spares.

I think i got a glow screen, but Ive been suspecting that it has been working intermittently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom