1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YeeeeeeHaaawwwww!!!!

Discussion in 'SC- Upstate Cruisers' started by CruisinTiger, Aug 5, 2005.

1. CruisinTiger

CruisinTiger

I am finally road legal...went to the DMV today and got me a tag for my 40....with out havin to do it illegally either. Damn I am Happy, it was a lot easier than I expected...The Crusier gods are with me.

oohmmmm,oooohhmm, oooohnmmm tellliccoooo, telliccoooo

Off to JP's now to weld some stuff up

Chuck

2. SCJO06

SCJO06

Chuck,

what was the process? I'm probably going to have to fight the same battle as you. The 71 i'm getting dosen't have a title or anything :frown:.

3. clemson55

clemson55

Chuck how much did it cost you? and what all did you have to do? I want to register the piggy there in pickens co. but I'm on a budget and I'm lazy.

4. ALEXGAR

ALEXGAR

yeah baby! can't wait to see the Cruisin'tiger on the tellico trails

5. Gundy

Gundy

atta boy!

This trip just gets better and better.
    I'm already sad for those we'll leave behind.
    Onward cruiserheads!

6. clemson55

clemson55

Dont mourn for me David I'll be there nest time. I'm a lifer now!!!!!

7. 3pits

3pits

who was it at the swap meet that bought that smal piece of al? and piece of paper? anyone know?

8. CruisinTiger

CruisinTiger

that was me, it was from NC...didn't need it after all...want it back? ....you did mention that item in your pm.....:beer:

9. CruisinTiger

CruisinTiger

Matt and Rich...Depends on what state you bought it from and how old it is. I had the bill of sale and the PO's last registration. I bought it from a guy in AL...so when I went to the tax office I was gonna get a 45 day tag...but you can't do that anymore after the 45th day of sale.....so I told her what I was lookin to do so she called the DMV and they said since it was from AL and so old I didn't need a title. Apparantly AL didn't start titling vehicles until 1975 so I got lucky. It cost 15 bucks for the title and 24 for the plate. So now I have title, insurance and a plate on the vehicle. And 39 bucks is a lot cheaper that the price you would pay if caught on the road with no registration and insurance. In fact, and David can tell me if I'm wrong or not, but they either throw you in jail or take away your license in SC if you are caught with no registration. Matt if I were you I might hold off on that 40 and find ya a good one with a title, it'll save ya a lot of pain in the ass.

10. clemson55

clemson55

I have the last registered title and the bill of sale. But I think its been like 10 years since it was registered probably wasnt running since then. Mines even older then yours though. Thats cool doesnt sound like it costs to much. Where is the office you had to go to?

11. CruisinTiger

CruisinTiger

Doesn't matter how old it is, as long as you have the title and bill of sale that's all you need. You have to go to the tax office in pickens and pay tax on it, but since you only paid a dollar for it, you're tax will be 3 cents. And then you go over to the DMV and get your license and title.

12. clemson55

clemson55

Sweet, I can't wait to see the look on the persons face when they are like that will be 5 cents for taxes.