1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeap, I'm new! (can I get rid of that

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by smokethedog, Jul 22, 2005.

1. smokethedog

smokethedog

WOW! This is the most useful site I have found on the internet, and it's free? Dang. I bought my 95 LC about 2 1/2 years ago,with 93K miles and the following add on's installed:
    1. arb/winch in front:
    2. trd sprchrgr
    3. ome lift and shocks
    4. and some other junk I forget

Now I've got 128K and done:
    1. kamar rear bumper (wanted slee's but needed to tow so I went with the kamar, and what a pain in the arse to install, thankfully we have some big rocks in the yard I backed up against to get the damn holes to line up correctly)
    2. borla catback exhaust (sounds ok, performance gain, uhhhh, didnt notice any)
    3. casters
    4. slotted/drilled brake discs (should I add the braided stainless brake cables?)
    5. 395 75r/16's Nitto Terra Grapplers ( i know the whole tire dbate is a can of worms. My cruzr had GY MTR's, they may work well in mud, but on the highway they are ruff, and in the Utah snow, thought I had slicks on, almost wrecked my rig a couple of times sliding off the road. the Nittos work well for me on the road and in the snow)
    6. K and N air filter (HP gain?, give me a break, will be going back to OEM, what a waste)
    7. Front Knuckles
    8. fan clutch assem.

I've got some questions...
    1. How much are FSM's, and CruiserDan, can I get them from you?
    2. I've got a check engine light on, my dealer says its a "lazy cat" (sorry, dont have the codes they pulled), the guy I got the cat from says there's nothing wrong with it (he put it on the comp and readings were normal). O2 sensors???
    3. On hot days, with the engine at temp, I'm idling very high (1400-1600 RPMs, have seen it as high as 2000, at idle) WTH?

Future mods I want to do:
    1. Slee rock sliders
    2. Led interior lights
    3. MAJOR TUNEUP! Will this help my idle issue, and what do you recommend for the tuneup. I was thinking plugs, wires, fuel and air filters, fuel injectors, what else should I do??? (I'll be calling you CruiserDan)

For all of you that have posted info to this site, thanks.
    randall

Thanks for all the info you have provided on this site! Oh yeah, here's a pic of my cruzr.

thanks,
    randall

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  2. firetruck41

firetruck41

Welcome, it is free, but if you find it as valuable a website as I have you can donate $20 and get a silver star, which allows you to have a ton of space to upload attatchment/pictures, larger PM mailbox, and the little silver star by your name that says you support the site :) .

1. I can't remember, but you can get it from cruiserdan, just give him a call during business hours to order, or you could send himan email/PM and get a price first.
    2. You really need to get the code

I also suggest you fill in your profile (location is helpful), and add you Land Cruiser's "vital statistics" (year, miles, mods, etc.) to your signature, all that info can be helpful when you need help for a problem. You can add that info by using the "User CP" (User Control Panel).

3. Arleaux

Arleaux

FSM will run you about $100+

& Welcome.

4. OZCAL

OZCAL

Nice introduction - welcome :flipoff2:

Ah jeez, hope your parking brake works well!

Even when my old 93 had higher mileage (100k plus), I remember the dealer replacing some catalytic converter stuff for free when the engine light came on. This was in California.

David

5. smokethedog

smokethedog

is there anyway to pull the codes myself?? everytime i deal with the dealer I see $$$ in his eyes. Is there an interface and sw that will work with a laptop or ipaq?

6. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

A lot of autoparts stores will pull the code for free. Autozone and Advanced auto here in Denver will.

7. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

yes, there are systems to connect the OBD to a laptop etc.
    Or for $40 you can get a reader/eraser from Harbor Freight.

No, the site is not free, it's $39.99 per year, send me a PM and I'll give you my Paypal address...! :)

8. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Hey Randall -- your doors are open!!!

Welcome aboard :flipoff2:

9. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

Smart shoppers only pay $70 from Dan... ;)

And welcome!

10. nyk438

nyk438

Welcome :flipoff2: If you havent figured it out yet this is the welcoming sign here. Nice rig, a lot of people don't like the K&N filter, works real well in my buds FJ80 but I guess they work better in the 3FE then the 1FZ. How much of a lift do you have?

11. mooker82

mooker82

Nice looking truck...good to see you already know CDAN is the man when it comes to parts. Ive gotta place my order Monday. He will save you tons of $$$ if you do maintance yourself.

12. jonb96150

jonb96150

Media:
    Albums:

13. Arleaux

Arleaux

Yeah I guess I should have stated that mine required the panty cleaning section, & CDan couldn't help me out. :frown:

14. smokethedog

smokethedog

How much lift? I "think" it's 3", bought it that way. It looks kind of high in the pic above, it had a homemade rear bumper welded to the frame. I replaced it with the kamar.

Has anyone installed the HD sway bars from MAF?

thanks