Yaesu FTM-400 Ram Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I put together a kit to mount the Yaesu FTM-400XD or 400XDR display to a ram mount 1" ball. Those of you familiar with this unit know its not the standard ball mount thread on the back of the unit and the mount that comes in the box is really flimsy. I also don't like how the X-grip mounts work with this head. There are other mounts out there, but none as secure and clean as using a Ram Mount system.

FTM400Mount-2-2.jpg
FTM400Mount-3.jpg

hey! I ordered this last week and it came in in great time. My only issue is that the ball rotates. Is there any way for it to not rotate? So that my radio does not spin? Thanks for your help!

I put together a kit to mount the Yaesu FTM-400XD or 400XDR display to a ram mount 1" ball. Those of you familiar with this unit know its not the standard ball mount thread on the back of the unit and the mount that comes in the box is really flimsy. I also don't like how the X-grip mounts work with this head. There are other mounts out there, but none as secure and clean as using a Ram Mount system.

View attachment 2203730View attachment 2203731

hey! I ordered this last week and it came in in great time. My only issue is that the ball rotates. Is there any way for it to not rotate? So that my radio does not spin? Thanks for your help!

Weird, mine had had no rotational issues for over a year across all types of terrain. Does the back of your radio head have the same knurls at the picture shows? I'll pull a kit and put it on mine to make sure there hasn't been some running change to the parts either.

The kit has a metal sleeve that is inserted inside the ram ball with the bolt inside the sleeve. I tightened it a good amount and the metal sleeve is what is making it spin since the screw and washer tighen down on that and not the ram ball. It spins like it is is on a bearing haha. Am I missing something?

Weird, mine had had no rotational issues for over a year across all types of terrain. Does the back of your radio head have the same knurls at the picture shows? I'll pull a kit and put it on mine to make sure there hasn't been some running change to the parts either.

The kit has a metal sleeve that is inserted inside the ram ball with the bolt inside the sleeve. I tightened it a good amount and the metal sleeve is what is making it spin since the screw and washer tighen down on that and not the ram ball. It spins like it is is on a bearing haha. Am I missing something?
Doesn't sound like you're missing anything. I am out tonight, but will pull a kit and double check measurements. I'll move this over to a conversation as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just circling back to this. The problem was cause by some small variances on the back of the control head. Probably somewhere on the order of .01in needed to be taken into account. That has been resolved and all is good now.

Thanks everyone for the purchases.

David

The new shipment was perfect! Love the product, buuuuutttt I just sold my Jeep so I only got to enjoy it for a couple months. My 2020 JLU Rubicon doesn’t have the same area to use this. Whoever got my jeeps is getting to enjoy it!

I am out right now, but should have more by the end of the week. I will shoot you a note when they are done. Getting parts/pieces during all this virochaos has been difficult.

are these still available?
thx

Where can I purchase this kit? I didn’t see any links in the thread.

Just placed my order, excited to check this out. For those that have used the ram mount suction cup mount... how has that worked? I want to mount mine by the a-pillar and can’t decide if I want to attach it to the handle there or mount with the suction cup by the dash or up by the headliner. I’m still waiting to take delivery of the vehicle and the radio will already be installed when I do so I have zero experience with the dash and steering wheel area.

Hi,

I placed an order on October 4th, but haven't gotten any updates since then. I live in Monument, as well, and could do a local pickup.

If you can't tell, I'm excited to get my radio mounted!
It already shipped. I will send you tracking via DM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom