Yada wireless backup camera, costco version - works ok (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this at Costco, around a hundred bucks. I was thinking of more sophisticated installations, but have found that this is working for me, so I'm just living with it as is, and thought I'd share. I installed the camera in the standard way, bringing the wire to the Driver's side taillight through hole I drilled (look for the white silicone for where I put the hole.)
Inside I didn't want it very prominent - where I might feel like I was inviting someone to break in to grab it - so I went with simply pushing it into some "Loctite" brand mounting putty down in front of the ash tray. The Locktite putty is about two bucks, allows me to just grab it and go if I want, and otherwise always holds it in place. But is not very scenic. (I have a big wad of it under the screen and another along the top as you can see.)
As far as the camera - it turns on very quick, the definition is good. The guide lines you can select to have displayed were too wide for my tastes, I prefer to have them off. It helps to insure someone/thing is not immediately behind me when I back up, otherwise, I don't refer to it.
Worth the hundred bucks.
Gil
Ventura
IMAG0456a.jpg

View attachment 1193552
IMAG0460.jpg
IMAG0457.jpg

Last edited:
that's a wireless to screen one, right?
what kind of a range does it have, if you know?

that's a wireless to screen one, right?
what kind of a range does it have, if you know?
yes, it is wireless. I didn't test it out for range - sorry. The signal seems strong - has been very reliable so far.
Gil

I installed one of these 18 months ago, and it's still working perfectly. It would be a lot better if Yada had paid a couple of extra bucks for a better lens, but it's perfectly adequate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom