YA YA I know, 350 transplant (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In about 6 mos, I'll be pulling the trigger on this project with my 84 105,000 mile 2F with an H55H tranny.
I heard or read that I can bolt the 350 right up to my H55H, is that correct? I don't want to loose the $$$$$ I put into that job 6 years ago. I love my 5 speed.

What do you all know?

Thanks much.
Chris.

read my build thread where I used the Ranger Overdrive as an adapter to put a Toyota 4 speed (or a 5 speed - I will upgrade to a 5 speed later) behind a 350.
There are other adapters (Marks and Advance Adapters)

thread in sig below

dougbert

If you ranger overdrive then you'll have double overdrive which could be cool.

or you could chuck that h55 an git a 700r4- be happy to scrap that old 5 speed for ya...

The H55 is NOT a direct bolt up. Using a Marks adapter it will bolt up, or a Chevy bellhousing with a ranger overdrive it will bolt up. Seriously think about swapping an auto trans (700r4, 4L60E or a 4L65E) in behind the 350 it is great off road and on the hwy too.

Dyno

Great. Thank you all for the valuable input. I'll give it all some thought.
Is an auto tranny better than a 5 speed? I've been driving sticks all my life. And they are cheaper to fix.

The only thing I miss about having a stick is the ability to bump start the car in a dead battery situation. As far as cost goes it is about the same to repair either one.

Dyno

If you are going to all the trouble swapping in a V8, take a step up from the SBC 350 and go with a Vortec 5.3L. Far more bang for the buck, a bit more work but well worth it.

If you are going to all the trouble swapping in a V8, take a step up from the SBC 350 and go with a Vortec 5.3L. Far more bang for the buck, a bit more work but well worth it.
I like my TBI. So simple even I can work on it. My neighbor just passed 500k on his TBI with the original motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom