y-pipe removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lexustruck

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello again MUD, I’m getting close to wrapping up my 1FZ rebuild + swap, and need to get the y-pipe out to patch up the exhaust (cats stolen). tried the search, only really saw cracked pipe threads and magnaflow replacement questions (is that one as big of a pain as this one is??)

I can’t figure out which way this thing comes out, pulling from the bottom I’m hitting the frame, heat shield and the bracket holding the (I assume) brake lines in place

Pulling from the top is jamming my o2 as well as sending the front collector mouth into the head.

The bracket that mounts the pipe to the transmission is off as well as both exhaust headers, next step would be exhaust studs and that A/C line that feeds to the compressor? Am I missing something?

Hello again MUD, I’m getting close to wrapping up my 1FZ rebuild + swap, and need to get the y-pipe out to patch up the exhaust (cats stolen). tried the search, only really saw cracked pipe threads and magnaflow replacement questions (is that one as big of a pain as this one is??)

I can’t figure out which way this thing comes out, pulling from the bottom I’m hitting the frame, heat shield and the bracket holding the (I assume) brake lines in place

Pulling from the top is jamming my o2 as well as sending the front collector mouth into the head.

The bracket that mounts the pipe to the transmission is off as well as both exhaust headers, next step would be exhaust studs and that A/C line that feeds to the compressor? Am I missing something?
Easily pulled out from the RF fender-wheel well.

It just rotates out through the open wheel well on the right hand side.
You'll need to pull the wheel. Which is good, as that provides acess for the welder so you can get the 3 broken studs out of the headers :p

You cheated though and pulled the headers. LOL

Last edited:
Remove front mud flap if you have one in addition to front wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom