xwife totalled the 2000 tlc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wont be lurking here much anymore. Xwife kept the tlc in the divorce. I kept the allroad and mb S55 AMG. :flipoff2::princess:

Was reminiscing bout all the "fun" hours reading this forum, wrenching and upgrading the tlc. But she recently flipped it reaching for her cellphone. She wasn't injured (fortunately for her and my kids), but the truck (and new starter, Bilsteins, exhaust headers, brakes, air filters, nerf steps, spark plugs, pioneer navigation sys backup camera, ipod dock, wheels and tires, coin holder, Thule bike carrier, and countless oil/lube /filters I put into that thing) is gone off to that big mud bog in the sky.

I'll keep my login open, so the pictures stay alive in the forum, but will bid you all goodbye with the official salute......:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that. and no need to leave, just stare at other hundys until it drives you to get another. Best of luck to you.

Sorry to hear your ex truck was wrecked. Most importantly glad everyone was alright. I've seen a few pictures of LC wrecks and now have heard your story. Seems that these LC's roll over quite often in standard accidents. This is a high rollover risk vehicle, but didn't think it was quite so common.

Did you have bigger tires or lift?

Last edited:
Seems that these LC's roll over quite often in standard accidents. This is a high rollover risk vehicle, but didn't think it was quite so common.

Until we know the specifics of the accident, I don't know that's a correct categorical statement. What caused the roll? Going up an embankment? Down a ditch? Up the side of a Jersey barrier. The VSC on 00+ LC's should work to minimize the risk of a roll.

Sorry to hear about the cruiser. I'm sure that 55 is nice!

We have a 06 E55 and love it! What year is the amg?

Until we know the specifics of the accident, I don't know that's a correct categorical statement. What caused the roll? Going up an embankment? Down a ditch? Up the side of a Jersey barrier. The VSC on 00+ LC's should work to minimize the risk of a roll.

You're absolutely right OregonLC.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to hear that everyone was okay after the accident though.

take time to mourn your loss and then move on...with another tlc to help the healing process...

Glad to hear everyone is OK. The TLC tank did its job!

One thing you could do, if it still runs, is buy it back from the insurance company, chop the roof, put in a full cage, and throw some portals and 40" tires under it!

dont worry, dudes. nothing wrong w your 100.

Idiot driver was cited for negligent/distracted driving. 35-40 mph on residenttial street. Didn't follow the left curve in the road and drove straight. Right wheel hit 9" earthen berm,flipped the right side up,starting the roll, then front and forward section of roof crashed through closest telephone pole , and stopped to rest on its side with the pole still wrapped up in sheet metal. Nothing that ESP could have prevented.

Cops say no signs she ever touched the brakes. Was searching for her cellphone. Some detail about her behavior from my original post has been "moderated". Suffice to say she makes poor choices, but the airbags and braun of the tlc saved her

Thanks, folks. Will circle back some year in the future.

get another TLC, it will be much cheaper to maintain than the allroad ( dont ask me how I know ;)

Sorry to hear about this, but glad everyone was ok. It's unfortunate that negligence lead to the destruction of a cruiser...but so it goes.

Get another one and hang around. :)

Any chance you gonna part it out??? I need some stuff.

...I'm glad she was ok.

got any good pics of her airbags

:grinpimp:

glad everyone was all right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom