1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XMAS Tree and/or Snow Run

Discussion in 'NM- High Desert Cruisers' started by marcfj60, Oct 25, 2017.

1. marcfj60

marcfj60

Media:
    Albums:
    Let's get the discussion started so folks can plan and respond if they are interested. We have done tree runs in the past so let's see if folks are interested in participating this year.

Tentative date: Saturday, Dec. 9th
    Time: all day

I'm not sure if I'm available yet but I can certainly initiate the discussion. If people are interested but a different date would be preferred, then let's talk about it.

If not enough people are interested in a tree run, then we could push this back to Jan or Feb and do a snow run, unless we have some snow in Dec, which is not very common in the Jemez.

2. LBBLC100

LBBLC100

Hey Marc,

Thank you for posting this up. I am most likely out of town that day.

3. slimbuddha

slimbuddha

Media:
    BTW, on the 9th, there is also an event at the Jemez Historic site. You could grab a tree, than swing by the ruins.

Light among the Ruins - Christmas Celebration
    At Jemez Historic Site
    12/9/17, Saturday
    5:00pm - 9:00pm

The ruins of Giusewa Pueblo and San Jose de los Jemez Mission will be decorated with hundreds of farolitos. The evening’s program will include traditional Native American flute music and Jemez Pueblo dancers performing between two illuminating bonfires. Enjoy free horse-drawn wagon rides from Jemez Springs Park to the Historic Site and holiday refreshments. Call 575-829-3530 for more information.

Event Details

Manona, marcfj60 and LBBLC100 like this.
  4. evanz80

evanz80

Marc - Thanks for organizing! I am interested in participating, but I am not available on December 9. Please don't change the date on my account, but if different dates are better for other folks, then I will certainly consider attending on a different day.

Thanks!

5. Manona

Manona

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum. :) Marc A introduced himself on the TLCA FB page. I live in Jemez Springs, and the festivities on the 9th are great! If it's decided a Tree Run is a go, on any date, I can grab tree permits ahead of time if we get a head count a couple days ahead of time. Looking forward to meeting you all sometime soon! Cheryl

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 11:34 PM
    slimbuddha and LBBLC100 like this.
  6. LBBLC100

LBBLC100

Hey Cheryl,
    Nice to meet you and welcome! Looking forward to meeting you and your sweet 40!

7. slimbuddha

slimbuddha

Media:
    Welcome Cheryl

8. marcfj60

marcfj60

Media:
    Albums:
    Welcome Cheryl. Glad you said hi over here. Since most of us come up from ABQ, we usually stop at the Walatowa visitor center to regroup, use the bathroom and buy permits. Your offer to buy them ahead of time is very kind of you though. Have you lived in Jemez Springs a while and do you know the area well enough? Any suggestions on where to go for trees? I have a few ideas based on many past runs but I'm open to new suggestions.