1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XM Radio Install for the 100 Series

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by 99Cruiser, Feb 14, 2004.

1. 99Cruiser

99Cruiser

I bought an XM Commander to install in my '99 100 Series. I wanted to know how to take off the wood trim to get to the stereo. Does the trim snap off easily, and do I need to worry about cracking the trim?

I have been reading this board for the last few months. I bought the Cruiser in November of 2003, and it had 37,000 miles on it. It doesn't have the rear locker. Overall, it has been a great vehicle. The only problems I had to fix since I have owned it, were an antenna and an ABS sensor. Those two items cost me $150 to fix.

2. i4c4lo

i4c4lo

The wood trim is actually glued on to whatever is behind it :doh: You might crack the wood trip itself but it won't damage anything behind it. You can buy the trim from other places other than the dealer or even Ebay.

Amando

3. 98LXand99LC

98LXand99LC

It's actually really simple. Use a screwdriver to get between the bezel and the dash. There are about 4 clips that attach the entire assebly (ac controls and all). Just pry a bit at a time all the way around and it will come off.

Check out this link for reference:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalToyLandCruiser.htm