XJ Contemplating new lift and suspension - what brand parts are good? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The jeep forum isn't as deep as the fj60 but I still trust Ih8mud more than any other, so my question is for anyone out there who has an opinion. I just did an entire suspension job on my fj60 using old man emu parts. The result is amazing and now I want to do something similar to my sagging jeep but I'm low on money after completing the fj.

What are some good brands out there that are inexpensive but won't fail in a year or two of not too rough riding. I haven't decided if I want to lift it yet but I'm leaning towards it since the jeep is fairly low to the ground stock, and I'm in rocky country, and why not if I'm doing it anyway.

Also, I took some old OME shocks off the cruiser and they may not be entirely bad, can I use them in the jeep? how do I size them correctly?

If you are a fan of the ome hardware on your fj you can get the same brand for the xj.

I have a 98 and plan on running ome springs on it. I'm not going super high but want the truck to droop out.

I'm running an acos system up front and a shacklebox in the rear. Those allow me to trim my lift up front and shackle angle rear when adjusting my lift.

Right now I'm at 3ish with 31s and plan to stay this way until I install my longarm, axles, driveshafts etc with 35s in two years.

What terrain are you looking to tackle?

Old Man Emu is great, and consistent. You can always find OME gear wherever you go.

If you want to pay extra, and go for the obscurity angle, then go Alcans, they're honestly the best spring I've seen.

I put a Rusty's 3" on my XJ and a 4" Old Man Emu on my TJ. Night and day.... If you like OME products, go for it.

I got a '98 XJ a couple years ago. I put a Rough Country 3" lift kit on it. Fairly inexpensive, but it is ROUGH! Very stiff... I knew it would be, and I wanted it that way because I was commuting and wanted the stiffness for the highway, (and the clearance for getting in and out of deep snow in my driveway).

If you want a quality lift go Rubicon express, Synergy, rock crawler, BDS is an awesome company with great lifts but expect to pay for them! Stay away from Rough country unless you go full leaf packs and their updated shocks. They ride like crap. I had a Zone lift and it wasn't to bad but defiantly opt for the better nitro shocks like I did when I ordered. Go long arm or go home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom