SOLD Wyoming, 1979 FJ55 on Bring a Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Outside Link
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-toyota-land-cruiser-fj55-3/
IMG-1550.jpg

If anyone is looking for a clean 55 - this one just went live on Bring a Trailer. 1979 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-toyota-land-cruiser-fj55-3/

I got the notification and will be watching! Did you see how the last one ended??

I got the notification and will be watching! Did you see how the last one ended??
I did, i was a little surprised it didn't go for more. Though there were a couple of things like mismatched tires that people noted in the comments. Maybe some flags for bidders?

Also, the seller wasnt really responsive and left some questions unanswered. Someone even pointed out bondo on a panel and he ignored it.

Do you have photos of the paint process? And rust repair and photos to go with it? Sometimes people worry that a repaint means shortcuts on the body work

That one had a (dealer) seller who isn’t a land cruiser enthusiast, ignored some questions, actually listed a car with mismatched tires, and has a history of unreasonable reserves… @residualboulders your’s will do very well I expect. Great videos and presentation. I wish I had the ability to give you what it’s worth! You’ve given me some great ideas for my current pig however, so thank you for that.

That one had a (dealer) seller who isn’t a land cruiser enthusiast, ignored some questions, actually listed a car with mismatched tires, and has a history of unreasonable reserves… @residualboulders your’s will do very well I expect. Great videos and presentation. I wish I had the ability to give you what it’s worth! You’ve given me some great ideas for my current pig however, so thank you for that.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I have loved it, but as much as I'd like to I can't keep them all.

BAT definitely pays more when the owner is engaged and an enthusiast. Answer questions and share build photos or before paint pics if you have them…my $0.02

I loved watching your videos when you first put them up. Sweet rig! Gonna be exciting last few minutes with BAT listing!

Solid result. I hope it exceeded your expectations! Your listing inspired me to buy a seat console on Amazon. works awesome wish I had done it long time ago. Also inspired me to dig Into my AC which Dan at the museum helped ID. I have little hope in reviving it but we will see. Now to figure out body and paint :)

Solid result. I hope it exceeded your expectations! Your listing inspired me to buy a seat console on Amazon. works awesome wish I had done it long time ago. Also inspired me to dig Into my AC which Dan at the museum helped ID. I have little hope in reviving it but we will see. Now to figure out body and paint :)
Good luck! Yeah that center console was cheap, but nice in the 55! If I build another 55 I would consider some bucket seats and a center console.

Good luck! Yeah that center console was cheap, but nice in the 55! If I build another 55 I would consider some bucket seats and a center console.
I'm happy the price doubled from this morning. I was really worried for ya. Great truck, someone is gonna have many years of fun.
Congrats
Mike

yeah me too! Thanks!
I was smoking busy getting a tender done today but was checking in until it closed. I guess you have a bit until sellers remorse and the next project search begins 😉

I was smoking busy getting a tender done today but was checking in until it closed. I guess you have a bit until sellers remorse and the next project search begins 😉
Oh sellers remorse set in as soon as I listed it. Ha ha. It is good to know its going to someone that loves cruisers. Im sure a new project will present itself soon enough, so the pressure is on to finish up my 40 restoration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom