Builds "WY-REE-KA" A Ground Up 45LPB Restoration (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time for a long over due update and photo dump. I’ve been working steady the last two weeks since returning from vacation and I’m starting to see light at the end of the tunnel!

Let’s start with where we left off. I had just dropped the engine on the chassis before heading out for the beach. So first thing up when I got back was a new Aisan clutch kit thanks to Kurt and a fresh machined flywheel.

View attachment 1746769 View attachment 1746771 View attachment 1746772

Next slid in the rebuilt transmission and transfer case... sure is so much easier doing this with the body off.
View attachment 1746775

I continue to enjoy looking at this build thread. The work is outstanding and it is a great source for ideas and encouragement.

One question - I noticed all of the flat head screws seem to be aligned...... on purpose or happy coincidence......?

Haha nothing on that build was by coincidence :D

All kidding aside thanks for the kind words and yes I did try to align all flat head and Phillips heads.

JP

i just read the 22 pages man the build takes the cake. I bet Dad was very proud like father like son. I can’t wait for the next chapter. ;)

Sa-weet!

Im knee deep in my '82 FJ45 build and at first pass I was just going to do an "on the surface" resto. Watching your build encouraged me to do the full meal frame off - no where near your attention to detail but the best my skill set and budget will allow..

Thanks for the wonderful job you did sharing your project and for the encouragement it provides.

This was a great read through! Nice job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom