SOLD WY - 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser - 228k, Mild Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
*I just picked her up from the shop after having the front brakes re-done (new pads & rotors) as well as having the front bearings replaced (with seals). I drove it last week and felt the brakes chattering, so I couldn't sell it that way - so now we're back to good as new! Also, new OME shocks have been ordered and will be installed prior to delivery.

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser - $16,000

As much as it pains me to do it, I’ve got an opportunity to purchase a great 200 series, so it’s time to let Debbie my beloved 100 series go. I purchased her from another Mud user back in 2015 and have spent the last 5 years loving her like a family member (and didn’t know what I had been missing) & getting her to where I want her to be (ish – don’t think you ever fully get there). I’d like to find her a good new home, so let me know if you have any questions!

Current Facts
  • 229,000 miles (will go up slightly but she mostly stays in the shop on a battery tender as she’s not my DD)
  • In excellent mechanical condition, have maintained per specified service intervals (oil changes every 3k, etc.) and would not hesitate to drive cross country.
  • Clear title in my name.
  • I am in Gillette, Wyoming but willing to ship (I've located a good shipper we can use if desired) / meet you (I'm not afraid of a good road trip) if we agree to funds ahead of time so don’t let location be a deterrent.
  • Link to additional pictures & video to hear engine running (I apologize for the one armed camera work!): 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Pictures

The Good
  • Armor/Exterior
    • New Gamiviti roof rack with LED light bar (not yet wired in, but can if buyer desires or I get time)
    • ARB Front Bumper with Rigid LEDs & built in Fog Lights
    • Slee Slider Steps
    • Safari Snorkel modified to clear Manual Radio Antenna (imported from UAE)
  • Mechanical
    • Recently installed new Doug Thorley headers & replaced all catalytic converters (no exhaust tick here!)
    • 167,000 mi
      • Front differential re-built & gear set replaced (previous owner over greased driveshaft, leading to pinion seal failure & diff going dry outside Dallas while driving it home from TX to CO – where the name came from)
      • Fully baselined (timing belt, water pump, heater Ts, ignition coil packs, brakes, all fluids)
      • Both CV axles replaced with New OEM
      • Trailer wiring freshly redone and upgraded to 7 pin (had typical converter box failure)
    • Front brakes replaced, front bearings replaced & repacked less than 100 mi. ago.
  • Suspension
    • New OME shocks will be installed prior to delivery.
      • Icon Stage 1 Shocks can be thrown in if you want (just need rebuilt and the shop I initially went to took too long, so I have them back now)
    • SPC upper control arms
    • Slee diff drop
    • Medium Duty OME suspension lift (with torsion bars)
    • Spidertrax hub centric 1.25” spacers on all 4 corners
    • Rock Warrior Wheels with 275/70/17 BFG KO2 Tires
  • Interior
    • Newly recovered steering wheel (work done by Craft Customs)
    • Pioneer Touchscreen Stereo with USB & AUX inputs
    • Full Weathertech mats throughout
    • Power locks fully working with 2 key/remotes (Driver's door actuator recently replaced)
    • Drivers seat is worn, but no holes
    • Third row seat included
  • Extras included (but not yet installed)
    • Passenger rear door handle (Works great but paint chip was bugging me so I bought another)
    • Shift bezel (was going to swap when BenCC’s new cupholders came out)
    • BenCC overhead panel with switches (3 rocker switches & 3 blanks included)
    • Full Toyota Factory/Dealership Service Manuals (both books with paper inserts)
    • Spare coil pack
    • Have all records from 167,000 to present
The Bad
  • Exterior
    • Scratches on front fenders and bumper from previous owner, none to bare metal so was not concerned for rust
    • Dent on tail gate (previous owner)
    • Hole in back bumper from small trailer jumping off hitch (Caused no additional body damage)
    • Minor surface rust on tailgate (under hatch where release & license plate lights are located) & under vehicle but no rust bubbles or holes present on any of the vehicle.
    • There are 2 chips in the windshield.
  • Mechanical
    • Weeping power steering lines (at reservoir end) – I haven’t noticed any issues with steering and has been this way since I bought it
    • Slight rub on inner fenders while turning (typical pinch weld issue, just needs a couple hits with the BFH)

All in all, she’s a good honest Land Cruiser with lots of life left for her next owner that I will be very sad to see go as she's taken our family all over the mountain west and is ready to do the same for you!

IMG_4645.JPG

IMG_4647.JPG

IMG_4648.JPG

IMG_4649.JPG

IMG_4650.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry guys, it didn't copy over, but I just updated it now - Thanks for the heads up!

Hey all, I lowered the price a bit and am open to feedback. I'm not sure if the location is an issue for some, but we can definitely work something out so it's easy for you! Also, it will be coming with a set of Tundra 18's in place of the Rock Warriors (pictures to come).

Hey guys, still up for sale - feel free to shoot me an offer! Was hoping the wife would want to keep this & the 200 we just got and replace her car, but I lost out so I guess it's time to get serious about selling :-(

I've made some updates to the add - including the new front brakes and better explanation on the wheel/tire situation. @mlaginess Still reach out to me, who knows what we might be able to do.

So I am getting tired of waiting on the Icons to be rebuilt and need to put a long term solution on it - So what would you all recommend/prefer for new shocks on this for the new owner: OME or Dobinsons?

A new set of OME shocks are headed this way too and will get installed shortly! Someone is going to get a good deal if I keep doing all this work to her haha!

Morning all!

Made some updates to the listing which include:

- Rock Warriors and BFGs will go with the sale
- New OME shocks are on the way and will be installed prior to delivery (Icons will be included if the buyer wants as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom