WTT: 1978 FJ40 (BC, Canada) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WTT/WTS: 1978 FJ40 (BC, Canada)

Looking to trade it for a 4 cylinder import truck or car. Or sell for 4500

Here's the pitch....
With summer supposedly starting pretty soon, this thing is perfect with the top and doors off for driving around and attracting the ladies. I tied the knot last summer so I have no further need for it in that way If rain crops up, throw the bikini top on in a matter of seconds.

Anyways....
Truck runs strong, always starts up quick whether it's 40 above or 25 below. The previous owner had the head rebuilt just before I bought it. 15x8 black spokes/31' mud tires with good tread on them. Body recently went through with new metal (body panels bought from extremebends.com). Trailer hitch w/ 2" ball and well braced rear bumper. Hard top (with hard front doors, rear amby doors, rear lift gate and aqualu alum. rear insert) and bikini top. Have extra set of rims for winter tires or whatever plus a bunch of assorted spare parts. Also have Haynes manual and two FSM's (F and 2F). The odometer says roughly 81000km, but since there are only 5 digits on the thing, your guess is as good as mine. It's probably safe to say that it's somewhere between 181000 and 481000

Needs one TRE (old rims with the 10.5" wide tires rubbed a hole in the rubber boot cause they ballooned too much). One body mount needs some love too. Blows some blue at startup but doesn't go through much oil (maybe 1-2L at the most every oil change?)

I had originally bought this thing with the intention of building a huge bush truck, they're super easy to lift by putting the springs over the axle and welding new perches on.

Let me know if you have any q's or want pics.

shawnandamy@shaw.ca

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom