WTF is this thing! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

Should be an easy win for someone on here but I searched and searched but cannot find where someone states what this thing is. Its on the outside of the heater core. Mine is missing and my heater core won't turn on. Extra points for anyone who knows where to find them (...or I can Google it afterwards 😅 )

Thanks for your help!
2020-06-29.jpeg

Not sure but if its on the ductwork outside the heater core it might be the fan resistor. Nope...nevermind...the blower resistor is above the throttle pedal

AC amplifier. It controls when AC comes on and off

Ok, its the AC amplifier

1600723309783.png

it controls this using a tach signal from emissions computer.
Gold effin star for you, sir! I’ll try and track one down...please tell me that if this is missing it will also keep the blower from working generally - I’d love for it to be as simple as popping one of these in and it works again, haha!

Ok, its the AC amplifier

View attachment 2442198
Heck yeah that’s the good stuff! Thank you!

Gold effin star for you, sir! I’ll try and track one down...please tell me that if this is missing it will also keep the blower from working generally - I’d love for it to be as simple as popping one of these in and it works again, haha!

If you are in heater mode your blower should work without the AC amplifier as I recall. If it does not, hot wire the blower motor to see if it works. Otherwise your blower maybe toast

Last edited:
I burned a couple out and after having to locate a couple and getting my AC to blow ice cold only to have it go out again I bypassed it. It does 2 things...cylcles your compressor on and off and will adjust your idle your when you turn on the AC. Since I have a weber carb I dont need the idle control. I now have to hit my AC button when the AC starts dropping to freezing...not the worst problem to have but still kind of a PITA. I have seen someone replace it with a small box that has a temp prob on it and will cut power when it drops too low and back on when it gets to a certain temp. Just has not been a priority to fix, and the guy that post the fix didnt answer me.

I don't think the AC amplifier is needed to make the blow run. At lease your AC doesn't need to be running/engaged (blower runs when you are heating). You can confirm the wiring via the attached document. If the blower is working, you need to trouble shoot that--fuses, circuit breaker, resistor, etc.

Attachments

• Air Conditioning System Circuit.pdf
    160.8 KB · Views: 159
here is a work around for the blower fuse. Mine kept tripping...the OEM fuses can be reset but they are not the most reliable. This has been since installing over 2 years ago.....
Fuse.jpeg

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate you all jumping in on this. I hope to be as helpful one day!

Can confirm blower works without amp - mine is unplugged as a/c setup is removed.

If the blower resistor is bad, the blower motor will still work on full speed.

if none of the fan speeds work, you need to look at the actual blower motor or it’s wiring.

^ this. If none of the fan speeds work take 12v + and 12v - directly from the battery using some spare wiring and connect to blower power pigtail to see if the blower works. You can also unscrew it from the bottom (three screws), take it off, test is as above with shorter test leads on battery.
Blower has been known to be a collection point for leaves, rates nests, and more. It may not turn because it is clogged. Opening it up is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom