WTF is Landcruiser J7?

WTF? Is there such thing of Landcruiser J7? Actually I’m interesting to purchase and replace the factory seats with Recaro seats. Now if you want the Recaro seats you need to have Recaro seat bracket, so I check their webs and so on. They do have bracket available for Toyota Landcruiser J7 no year, no nothing and WTF is J7? I called them and asked what Landcruiser J7 is and they got no Fawkin clue... Told me to call back within 4 hrs...Can somebody help me here?

Here is the link:
http://www.recaro-nao.com/INDEX_FRAMES.HTML click on the PRODUCT, -> CAR SEATS -> AFTERMARKET -> BRACKET then ->
ACCESSORY look up in the Toyota section what is Landcruiser J7?

Thanks all and here what the damn bracket looks like :

Landpimp

GOLD Star

a 70 series Land Cruiser is what a j7 is, its writen J7 because it might be a BJ7X or a FJ7X or it may be a B(orF)J74, 71, 70, 73, 75, 78,79.

denis

(O) toyota nut (O)
SILVER Star

OK I'm typing slow today :D

If you can find s set of whatever slides and do a little fabbing you could save some money ;) BTDT.

BTW the "ergomed" is not for the fat asses like mine, otherwise it's pretty cool. make sure you can try one out for real before you buy, they are definately on the stiff side. good luck.

crushers

post ho

probelm is the floors on the different series are different... so it would be nice to know which setup theya re selling...
the ones with suspension seats are different from the fixed seat floor

denis

(O) toyota nut (O)
SILVER Star

I'm not sure the floors are that much different, I took a quick look since I want to add suspension seats on my LJ and it looks like the prisoner nuts and holes on the floor might be there under the carpet. I forgot to compare with my buddys donor truck last tuesday though :doh:

crushers

post ho

i thought the same thing till i went to bolt a set of buckets out of a LJ71 into a HZJ75 and the mounts are totally different...
cheers

denis

(O) toyota nut (O)
SILVER Star

OK, I will look into it some more anyway, I hope it's not that bad between an early LJ and an early LJ... I will report back watever I find out. :)

denis

(O) toyota nut (O)
SILVER Star

denis said:
OK, I will look into it some more anyway, I hope it's not that bad between an early LJ and an early LJ... I will report back watever I find out. :)
the seat are specific to a suspension or a non-suspension mount, the floor is specific as well. a suspension will work if I modify the rear inner brackets, as well as modify the fronts. then adapt a new set of seats. definately not a one-hour job :eek:

denis

(O) toyota nut (O)
SILVER Star

denis said:
the seats are specific to a suspension or a non-suspension mount, the floor is specific as well. a suspension will work if I modify the rear inner brackets, as well as modify the fronts. then adapt a new set of seats. definately not a one-hour job :eek:

Top Bottom