WTF? Centipede (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Try having a job where you have to put hands in an underground box each day, and finding those suckers running around (usually the small ones I find), not to mention the black widows I constantly find. Luckly I haven't been bit yet. It still freaks me out when one of them suprises me.

HA! We find black widows. We find centipedes. We find lizards. We find toads. Once found a garter snake. All while I hold my breath to try and keep my vertigo from kicking in so I don't fall into the box.

That's why I have "people." :clap: It pays to be at the top of the food chain.

That's why I have "people." :clap: It pays to be at the top of the food chain.

I have "peolple" (about 80 some I orginize every morning), but I just don't trust most of them to get the job done right so I do it myself. Plus they are suprised when they get to see me "actually work."

Dang! You're right about having a lot more better pictures. I sure am glad we don't have the same scorpion problem that you guys do. I did see a few when I lived in Farmington but I've never seen one around Albuquerque. I'll take my chances with the occasional centipede over the army of scorpions.

LOL, what is it with the bug threads, we've got one going next door.

But we've got more pics :cheers:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/az-copper-state-cruisers/236826-just-when-you-safe.html

Murderers. How dare you go after such helpless creatures.

BTW, get rid of the prey, and you get rid of the predator. The Cypermethrin products work well and are relatively safe and can be used indoors. Talstar was mentioned in your thread, though I didn't have much luck with ants. I think my chemical of choice right now is Suspend.

Cypermethrin, Talstar, and Suspend are also labeled for scorpions, but I have no experience with that use. There are others out there, but these are three I've personally used.

I'm pretty sure all three are synthetic pyrethrums. That doesn't mean they are non-toxic, just a bit safer than the organo-phosphates of past. These chemicals are professional quality and not cheap. On the bright side a little goes a whole long way. One pint of Suspend can make 22 gallons and can last up to 3 months.

Do It Yourself Pest Control

That is suprising, I would have thought your would have lots of scorpions there also.

Pappy, sounds like your in the pest biz. I work for a wholesale tree farm and have a private applicators lic. which is kinda handy getting the good stuff. Talstar (Bifrenthrin) is what I've used (inside and out), I'll give Cybermethrin and Suspend a try.

I've also heard Daitomateous(sp) earth works well.

Off to murder more bugs...:D

:cheers:

I'm in the plant biz with a public pesticide license. I kill more plants than bugs, but only because we have more weeds than anything else.

We do have scorpions, but I don't see many. I've never had one in the house, but did get them in the apartment I lived in when I moved to ABQ. I live near open space (Petroglyph National Monument) and deal with millipedes more than anything else, and I don't deal with them. They're cool.

Sent Ya a pm..

Molly would freak if she saw one of those in the house. :eek:

we see 2 or 3 of those centipedes a year. 1 or 2 dead and 1 or 2 alive. i spray once or twice a summer.

being from Tucson area, we saw scorpions and rattle snakes fairly often growing up.

I have lived in ABQ for about ten years. I have seen two Rattlesnakes, 1 Tarantula, and 1 Scorpion. No Centipedes though. I guess I hang out in the wrong part of town ;)

I"ve seen dozens of rattlers and tarantulas, but this was my first centipede.

Just moved into our new house in Farmington and found a 6" Centipede in the kitchen. Pretty funny since we were all just talking about them.

As a kid we used to catch tarantulas. Go off the path in Elena Gallegos and look for 1-2" holes covered with webbing. Take a small stick and fiddle with the webbing. Pretty soon your stick will get whacked by 2 legs of the tarantula and you can coax him out.

These were fun as a kid also. http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2006/12/31/vinnie-the-vinegaroon.jpg. Put them in a shoe box and man does it stink.

G

I've been trying to get one as an office pet for several years. A coworker claims to get them in his basement occasionally. He hasn't come through yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom