WTB: Stock 80 Alloy Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a set of these locally:

1172554580_lc16x8alloy12zx_th.jpg

I think that FJ80 at the boneyard in Santa Fe had alloy wheels. But, I seem to recall that FJ80's had 15" wheels, while FZJ80's had 16". Is this true?

Yup. The 15 inch alloys on FJ80s look just like the ones on early 90's 4Runners. The ones Jim has in the pictures would be 16 inch and from a 93-97 FZJ80.

Evan

Thanks for the clarification Evan.

Anyone got any extras?

Jim,
You should be aware that there are 2 different wheel types; 93-94 use acorn style lug nuts. 95-97 use flat lug nuts and have steel inserts. Be sure to use the correct lug nuts for the wheels you get.

-Mike-

Thanks

Jim -

I've got a set of the 16x8 inch alloys with 33inch MTRs and a set of 16x8 inch Cruiser steel wheels with 35 inch MTRs. I'm still hanging on to the alloys, but you'll be the first to know if I decide to get rid of them.

If you don't find the alloys, you might consider a set of the steel rims. They are heavy but very sturdy. I bought mine new from Dan at American - it seems they were about $105 + tax each including the Cruiser discount. The steelies are stock Cruiser rims, but you just don't see them on the street. I think almost all of the FZJ80s sold in the US came with alloys.

Evan

Evan,

There is another green 80 running around town with steelies. I have seen it on the street a couple of times. It is otherwise a stock vehicle. Don't know who owns it but they must have replaced the wheels due to theft or damage or something.

-Mike-

I already have a set of steel rock crawler rims for my 35's.

I'd like to replace the steels with Alloys if I find a set, no hurry.

80's Alloys

ABQ Jim,

If you are coming to the meeting on Saturady you can take a look at the alloys on my 94. I'd be up for selling 'em and then I
could go for someting not so stock.

James:cheers:

ABQ Jim,

If you are coming to the meeting on Saturady you can take a look at the alloys on my 94. I'd be up for selling 'em and then I
could go for someting not so stock.

James:cheers:

I wasn't planning on the meeting. I have a lot of work this weekend. But, perhaps I can meet you some where some time? What are you looking to get for the rims?

Evan,

There is another green 80 running around town with steelies. I have seen it on the street a couple of times. It is otherwise a stock vehicle. Don't know who owns it but they must have replaced the wheels due to theft or damage or something.

-Mike-

Nope, the guy just bought them as an extra set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom