WTB - Rust-free FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,

I'm in new york city, but would discuss shipping a truck if it's good. Looking for a 60, preferably silver, grey, that cool champagne color, but would look at anything depending on the condition. Rust is more important to me than mechanicals and interior.

Thanks.

There are 10 up there now - I have ebay emailing me when more get put up. Hoping for the best. It's a question of rust - I'm holding out for the elusive rust-free truck.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I do appreciate it.

bump

bump again - still looking. Sporin, I'm looking for dark grey or silver - white isn't my thing, but thanks for the heads up.

rust free eh? you willing to pay cool cruisers prices? rocky mtn cruisers too?

The thought is, find a solid, rust-free shell. Rust-proof it to the best of my abilities. I can do mechanical stuff, I can replace carpet and seats. body work is a pain in the ass. Not sure about my price ceiling, definitely not paying 13k for a truck, just hoping to get the word out so that someone selling one will think of me. I'm hoping that rather than sell it to tlc4x4 or ccot for them to mark up 200%, they'll sell it to a fellow enthusiast.

jgordon said:
The thought is, find a solid, rust-free shell. Rust-proof it to the best of my abilities. I can do mechanical stuff, I can replace carpet and seats. body work is a pain in the ass. Not sure about my price ceiling, definitely not paying 13k for a truck, just hoping to get the word out so that someone selling one will think of me. I'm hoping that rather than sell it to tlc4x4 or ccot for them to mark up 200%, they'll sell it to a fellow enthusiast.

Why don't ya buy the white one and have it painted? It would surely cost less to do that than it will to find a nice bodied truck, in the colour you're looking for, with the same amount of documentation that this truck comes with. Can't beat a second owner truck.

That truck is sweet!!!

Adam

Adam,

Body work is just not something I want to get into. with enough time, beer, and blood, I can fix most stuff on a truck - paint and rust is another story.

Thanks for the thought and the bump though.

Fj-62

Hi,
Are you only intersted in silver dark gray fj-60's? I have a red rust free undented 88 FJ-62 that I am considering selling. Let mw know if there is any interest. Thanks.

Hi,
I don't know if you're interested in an FJ62 or not, but I've got a dark grey one available. Two owner TX truck with no rust. Mechanically solid. Located in TX.

got your truck mikep226

Mine is white some of the other colors are real nice but zebra strips look best on white. It was next on my list of to do's making look like a safarie truck.

the plan is to rhinoline the underside, waxoil the interior of the frame, and generally keep it clean and out of harm's way. It's not a daily driver by any means, so I have faith that I'll be able to keep it nice.

Oil undercoat it yearly. Lots of shops in VT do it. Works well, and is about 75 bucks a year. Makes removing things in the future easier as well.

I have seen 20 year old Northeast toyotas that looked like new if they have been oil undercoated yearly.

What's better - rhinolining or oil undercoating? or are you suggesting I do both?

Seems like rhinolining would make maintenance a nightmare.

-Spike

^ what he said.

Oil undercoat is much cheaper, and very effective. Even the industrial trucks up here do it to keep the repainting of frames and the like to a minimum.

They drill small holes in the rockers, bottoms of doors, etc, set in plastic plugs, that they pull out, and fill with a mix of sticky oil- like bar and chain- heated up and sprayed in.

I've got an '85 FJ60 on this forum that we could negotiate. It's silver, 99% rust-free, and fixed up nicely. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom