Wtb / part under roof that connects to windshield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello you guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not even sure what that thing is called. lol. On the front of my 1962 FJ40 corragated top, under the actual roof there is a strip of metal that goes from side to side and rivits through to roof top. I need that piece of metal. It is about the width of the top and about 2 inches thick. Anybody have one of those laying around. I need it. Also,,,,,,,,,,,,need an EXHAUST MANIFOLD ( not cracked ) for my 1962 f engine. Thanks, FJFJFJ

Should look like this minus the rust on the end. Still haven't figured out how this seal across the top of he windshield. The FJ45 pickup with the steal cap has flour latches across the windshield.
IMG_1216.jpg
IMG_1219.jpg
IMG_1217.jpg

do they make poster tubes long enough?

This piece was mailed today. Was thinking it would cost more than it did. Was thinking size was a big deal I guess not.

IMG_1221.jpg

Not bumping this old (and filled) want ad but I need the same thing - here‘s cross post with want ad in classifieds:
Whatever it’s called, the thing mounted to the roof that seals against the windshield frame (with a rubber seal - from cityracer 👍). This is for early rigs, 58-65 (specifically my ‘63 FJ45L-P SWB with a steel roof). Make my day!

Let me know if you have anything. Thanks.

Was this part needed for fiber glass rooftops too? I can't seem to recall seeing this when taking it apart...

No it’s to seal the roof to the windshield with the rubber gasket. It has no direct physical attachment to the windshield for this generation rig. It arguably provides cross (width) stiffening to the fiberglass roof in the brow area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom