Wanted WTB Heritage Edition wheels 20/21 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to buy a new or like new set of factory Heritage Edition wheels. Let me know what you have. I know I can buy them new but figured I’d ask here first.

See pictures (not mine)

B805A9F9-C926-4C33-B831-7A19354986DC.jpeg

E890368E-F7A9-4665-93DC-EB575D2BD076.jpeg

Less than $500 a wheel straight from the dealership

They say you need a HE vin to order the wheels. I would think it would just be a matter of going on Autotrader, eBay or any other car sale website, finding the VIN and giving it to the dealership. I doubt they’ll ask for a photo copy of the title. In which case the guy trying to get $4k for his set might actually be onto something, but that’s extremely unlikely.

Less than $500 a wheel straight from the dealership

They say you need a HE vin to order the wheels. I would think it would just be a matter of going on Autotrader, eBay or any other car sale website, finding the VIN and giving it to the dealership. I doubt they’ll ask for a photo copy of the title. In which case the guy trying to get $4k for his set might actually be onto something, but that’s extremely unlikely.
Not that easy. Try it for yourself.

So you tried buying a set from the dealership with a vin and they told you no? What additional info did you need?
I thought it would be quite easy myself. I have many connections within Toyota as I used to own a very large Toyota wholesale parts business. Even my connections were unable to get the wheels due to restrictions within Toyota themselves. I found a workaround which was to order Sequoia TRD pro wheels and have them powder coated the correct color.

I thought it would be quite easy myself. I have many connections within Toyota as I used to own a very large Toyota wholesale parts business. Even my connections were unable to get the wheels due to restrictions within Toyota themselves. I found a workaround which was to order Sequoia TRD pro wheels and have them powder coated the correct color.
I heard that powder coating the bbs forged rims weakens/damages them? any feedback

from another forum:
ive heard some horror stories of them cracking after the coating. i also heard there is a special way to do it because they way they are forged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom