WTB - FJ40, for a good cause (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let me introduce myself. My name is Kevin, and I am located in Houston (Kingwood area). I've lived in Houston for about 9 years, previously living in Utah. I am a previous FJ60 and 100 series owner, and I say "previous" as I didn't think there would be comparable places to use my landcruisers in Houston. I now realize there are great places to off-road and have fun. That leads me to my current situation. My situation is that I'm looking for an FJ40 that I can work on with my 12 year old son, and ultimately he can drive when he turns 16. I would consider myself having very little actual hands-on mechanical knowledge, however I am willing to learn. I've been searching the country (CL, IH8MUD, and all other sites) for something in the $5-9K range, that's in decent mechanical condition. I am finding out that prices of 40s have gone up since the last time I looked over 9 years ago. My goal is to have something we can drive around town, do some light off-roading from time to time (camping, etc). I am not in the market for something completely stock either. I'm am fine with modifications, if they are done right (engine, suspension, power steering, disc brakes, etc.). Let's just say, I am not a "purest" by any means, but I don't want something that was "hacked" up either. I don't mind some rust and patina either. If you know of anything in Texas, please let me know as I'd like to avoid buying something too far away causing me to ship it. Hopefully I can be a more active participant, once I find the 40. Thank you

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom