WTB: Entry FJ40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I am looking to find a decent FJ40 that I can tinker with. I am not concerned about making a restoration, rock crawler or mud machine, but I would like a nice mechanically sound mostly original cruiser, that I could potentially drive through Central America and blend in. Adventurous I know. I'm looking to spend less than $3000 for the vehicle. Would like to get and drive... or I will probably lose interest.

Just so you know, I'm a college student (with above a 3.5 GPA by the way) and have a wife who is actually willing to help pay for a rig because she likes them too... but we are on a tight budget.

Any help would be appreciated. You can email me at glowingreen01nf@aol.com if you have something or know of any cruisers.

Thanks for the help guys!
Scott

Hey guys,
I am looking to find a decent FJ40 I'm looking to spend less than $3000 for the vehicle. Would like to get and drive... or I will probably lose interest.
Thanks for the help guys!
Scott

Just how much research into market value of a sound FJ40 have you done?

76 and newer rust free mech sound FJ40 6-8K

rusty ones, but mech sound 3-4K

good luck,
Butch

Hey guys,

I found a cruiser that I picked up for $1700. All original, minor rust in the usual spots. Motor threw a rod a few weeks ago and the owner had other interests than to fix it. Found a motor that I should be picking up on Monday to swap out.

Thanks for looking for me!
Scott

How about some pics? After seeing Jeff's 40 in action, I now know what all the fuss is about.

Are they covert pics because i cant see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom