WTB: Buffalo canoe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a good used 16ft Buffalo canoe. I thought maybe one of you club guys may have an extra laying around. Cash in hand.

:beer:

Jason

try Carrie Moore, (moores outdoors on the piney) he may have one he would sale, i bought a blue hole boat off him years ago... have ya priced a 2nd from buffalo? give em a call, they are typically just cosmetic issue and somewhat cheaper...

Buffalo River Outfitters sells some at the end of the season. Buyer beware. Most of the livery boats I have seen on the market are pretty trashed.

Watch Craigslist.

I have seen a few nice ones on there. Also check the Arkansas Canoe Club forum. They have a classified section.

There is a place in Garfield that sells a lot of seconds. Two Brothers Canoe are built near there, I think.

Looks like my wanted ad on canoe club came through. Going to look at a Buffalo in Ft smith tmrw.

Good luck. Post up a pic if you find one.

congrats, they are a good boat that will last ya a lot of years

congrats, they are a good boat that will last ya a lot of years

I was coming into Dover this afternoon in my buddy's samurai and you were headed towards Russellville in the 60. Looked good. Where were you coming from?

I was coming into Dover this afternoon in my buddy's samurai and you were headed towards Russellville in the 60. Looked good. Where were you coming from?

thanks, we were just coming home from exploring up around North fork, and letting the dogs run/swim. we spent 6 hrs checking out diffrent roads, dang atv's were all over the place.. Macs was full of em...kinda bad , several were cutting up the landscape pretty bad..where we were at, was all Nat forest, its no wonder stuff is getting shut down....was the sammi camo?? if so, i saw ya, i have always liked em...

thanks, we were just coming home from exploring up around North fork, and letting the dogs run/swim. we spent 6 hrs checking out diffrent roads, dang atv's were all over the place.. Macs was full of em...kinda bad , several were cutting up the landscape pretty bad..where we were at, was all Nat forest, its no wonder stuff is getting shut down....was the sammi camo?? if so, i saw ya, i have always liked em...

Yep camo Sami. It's a pile but it runs good surprisingly. We went down Page Hollow road which is passed Macs about a mile. Definitely a lot of ATVs around. I had the same thought about the landscape.

Jay (jbsax) and I were talking with Valarie (Mack's daughter/runs the place) a few weeks back. She said there has been a stepped-up presence by the boys in green over the last year to combat all the illegal shenanigans taking place by folks on quads and UTV's. Lots of fines and a few confiscations. Val said she has a had a marked increase in business from folks from out of state lately, mostly bringing in sideXsides. Apparently it's the folks with an in-state address who are getting in the most trouble though. I'd be sick if we lost that place to ride or if they made it "Horses Only" like they did the Pangburn-Wilburn area about 10 years ago. :crybaby:

I still can't understand why they are writing tickets to Arkansans and issuing warnings to the out of state folks. Seems like it would be easier to generate revenue off of people that will mail a check rather than come back to AR to fight a ticket.

Regardless, people need to tread lightly and try to make sure we can enjoy that area for years to come.

Hijack over

Did you find a boat?

I still can't understand why they are writing tickets to Arkansans and issuing warnings to the out of state folks. Seems like it would be easier to generate revenue off of people that will mail a check rather than come back to AR to fight a ticket.

Regardless, people need to tread lightly and try to make sure we can enjoy that area for years to come.

Hijack over

Did you find a boat?

It was all side by sides as far as I could tell. These guys were tearing up and down those roads at some pretty high speeds. A lot faster than I'd go on a gravel road in something with no roll bar.

I bought a boat. Had to go to ft smith but it's in good shape

image-755234319.jpg

Nice score. I am taking a look at what Two Brothers is building. They are supposed to be somewhat similar to a buffalo and a little less expensive from what I have seen.

Those side by sides are very fast. Fortunately/unfortunately they have developed a suspension to allow them to go that fast over rough terrain. I just hope nobody gets hurt (or worse) and kills the deal for the rest of us.

Try to track down the owner of Two Brothers. He offered me a demo boat for a good price. There Arkota looks good but I wasn't in the market for a new one due to the price. Can't fathom paying that for a hollowed out tree truck.

FWIW when I called Buffalo earlier in the year, the owner told me the new ones would run about $900. I thought that sounded like less than I recall

I will keep that in mind. I'm not in a hurry. I am hoping they start producing the new model that has been talked about that has a little less rocker than the Arkota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom