Wanted WTB: BJ42 frame and engine mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RufusTheDufus

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking for a set of engine mounts for a BJ42 (both halves, frame side and engine side). Possibly the front crossmember too.

I might have a front crossmember in very good shape. It is for a LHD 1980 FJ40. I can let you know when I get my "new" frame which should arrive in March. I can send pictures if you're interested.

Can you let me know what the price is for new engine mounts for 3B. I want to get new ones when I swap frames.

Cheers
Robert

Is the crossmember the same for LHD FJ40 and a RHD BJ42?

I'll post up the pricing I receive. I haven't received any responses yet.

SOR has the motor mount, at least on there website for a 3B. I bought mine at the dealer for 110$ CDN.

I'm not too far from you so i could have them ship to you.

Not sure what you mean by front cross member?

Does the dealer carry the frame portion of the mount too?

you mean the bracket weld or riveted to the frame?

does seem to exist in the EPC, so i would guess not.

ToyoDIY.com

I do have a BJ42 that i need to take apart tho, i have no clue when i'll do that.

Rufus - The only difference for RHD to LHD front cross member would be the holes (nuts) and mounting points for the steering (pivot thing) and the steering stabilizer mount would be on the opposite side. I'm going to be away for about two weeks and my frame I was going to use is outside under a tarp and snow. It is not restoration quality, there may be some pitting, however it was good enough for me to consider it for a frame swap. Unfortunatly after having a closer look at the rear half of the frame, it wasn't worth reparing. I am waiting to ship a frame in from Colorado. I'll see if I can find a picture on my computer. You could probably have the steel part of the motor mount fabbed up.

eleblanc - do you have a dealer part number? I used to have a great parts guy in Newfoundland, I haven't had an opportunity to visit a dealership in Nova Scotia yet. Would like to avoid blank stares.

Hey Robert hope all is well.

As for getting blank stares from the dealership you won't....you will only be asked for a blank cheque LOL. GOOD LUCK if you can find one of the dealerships to give you a discount ! I have been trying for several years but have given up, here in the HRM anyways. But the Dartmouth dealership parts dept is pretty good, they have gotten me everything I have requested and will go out of there way to find it.

Daryl
:cheers:

eleblanc - do you have a dealer part number? I used to have a great parts guy in Newfoundland, I haven't had an opportunity to visit a dealership in Nova Scotia yet. Would like to avoid blank stares.

Part i have is 12361-56031

It looks like my best option is to fabricate my own frame brackets. I'm planning to shift the engine forward between the frame rails a bit anyway which would most likely require custom mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom