For Sale (WTB) 70 series crawler. Built or project. Anything out there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got a stupid idea in my head about building a 70 series crawler on 40's or 42's. Anyone have a good candidate for this type of build? FRP top is a plus. Partial or full trades considered for my 1990 LJ70.

I've got a stupid idea in my head about building a 70 series crawler on 40's or 42's. Anyone have a good candidate for this type of build? FRP top is a plus. Partial or full trades considered for my 1990 LJ70.

Something like this ?
DE62D34E-DC04-4627-84C0-326ED7281A29.jpeg
02415A31-22A1-478C-902B-EBD28E1D18EB.jpeg

You selling it Joe or just showing it off. Either way super cool Reg

Yes. Something like that. Only i want to use 80 series axles and 40's or 42's. And i also need a not so clean body. I've already got my built 80 on 37's . The 70 would be abused a lot more. A trailer queen of sorts. I've considering doing a 1uz swap,twin case on my Lj70 and cutting it up but its more than i want to mess with at this point.

You selling it Joe or just showing it off. Either way super cool Reg

Every cruiser I own is for sale 😉
Long list of modifications on it and complete Toyota drivetrain , this was not a cheap build .I have around 35k invested in it in parts not including labor.

Yes. Something like that. Only i want to use 80 series axles and 40's or 42's. And i also need a not so clean body. I've already got my built 80 on 37's . The 70 would be abused a lot more. A trailer queen of sorts. I've considering doing a 1uz swap,twin case on my Lj70 and cutting it up but its more than i want to mess with at this point.
I am running 80 series axles on it with 5.29 gears and the elockers are converted to cable lockers. Front custom 3 link and rear 4 link, stretched the wheelbase and cut up the crusty wheelwells and welded in new sheetmetal matching the extended wheelbase. 1HDT mated to a new R151 with split case and 4:1 crawler gears.

I can drive it to the local pub and take it on most trails in the weekends ;)

What size tires? 40's i assume with that gearing?

Every cruiser I own is for sale 😉
Long list of modifications on it and complete Toyota drivetrain , this was not a cheap build .I have around 35k invested in it in parts not including labor.
Adds up quickly doesn't it.I'm afraid to total up what I have in my 80 build for fear that my wife well take away the check book

@joekatana that thing is awesome, love that you kept it all Toyota

Nice!

I’m looking for a roof for a 70 series or entire cab. Let me know if this application doesn’t work out
I have a 79 series pickup truck cab missing the firewall and dash. Send me your number and i'll send you some pics. If you decide to sell what you have i might be interested myself. I'll send you my number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom