Wtb 69-74 fj55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone I’m not sure where I am supposed to put this in the forums but I figured this was the best place to post it. For the past few months II have been constantly outbid or beaten to the punch on several occasions one guy had me drive over 100 miles to see a car he sold the previous day. And my options on the west coast are more limited than I would have thought possible.

At any rate I am looking for a project FJ that isn’t completely rusted out would like to spend 3-4k on the right pig for me to spend some Zen time turning a wrench and inevitably sanding away. If you happen to have one you have been thinking of selling and you live on the west coast shoot me a PM or email me at bstoudt(<At>) earthlink.net and perhaps we can make a deal.

Bill,

Check the main classified section too. Something is always turning up. Good luck with your search!! Dave

Just an update right after i posted this i found a local fj55 on craigs. i went and for the money it wasnt half bad.

i am now the proud owner of an 1975 Piggy. resto work already started.

it runs but steering and braking are unmanageable so PS and disc are in my immediate future.

Congrats on the purchase.

My 55 lunged right when the brakes where applied for as long as I can remember. My dad can fix anything on this planet, except for those old drum brakes.

As Ron mentioned, lets see some pics!!!

And so it begins...ha! I just went ahead and did discs all around. If you bother with the rears, just get the ones that have emergency brakes. I didn't and wish I did.

PS is great! but you can strong arm it too. Start a thread and get it out of classifieds.

cheers and welcome!

Where are you located?

thanks for the info about the ebrake i wasnt going to buy that one but i will now.

is there a place that i can post my restoration progress ? like a sub forum. i spent 1 year restoring a boat and documented my progress day by day i'd like to do that same for my pig.

Bill

Heck yeah, go to forums and scroll all the way to the bottom. The FJ 55 Iron Pig Preservation Society. It's right below the 55 classifieds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom