Wanted WTB-1970 3spd Column Shift Transmission - Colorado Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventuretoolcompany.com
WTB-1970 3spd Column Shift Transmission - Colorado Area

Hi -

I'm new to the Pig world, all my experience is with a 60 (Mud:BritKLR), but I've inherited a 1970 FJ55 (Name: Working Pig) with a piece of property.

The reason he's called the "Working Pig" is because he's spent most of his life with a snow plow on his nose pushing snow in mountains of Colorado....that's why I need a new transmission.

WP starts on the first crank, runs great and very little rust, but only has 2nd, 3rd and reverse. The transfer case seems to work ok in high and low. I'm just starting to learn about Pigs, so I have no clue what years will fit in this 1970. I'd like to be able to pull and plug the new tranny without any modifications, so your expertise will be greatly appreciated.

I'm on the front range around Denver and could pick it up nearly anywhere in Colorado. LMK what you have.

Thanks.

BritKLR

Last edited:
Too bad you are so far away, I have one out of our 71.

Depending on your timing, I can probably get you one for the cost of shipping...the next time I pull one out for a four speed conversion! However , there is not one on the horizon right now.

Since you are new to the 'old school' I'd like to also offer a suggestion. The column shift linkage on your pig is 40 years old, and may not be tight enough fancy more to engage first gear, the gate for first-reverse is longer than the one for second-third. So....before you go through all the time and effort to pull your trans out, try getting underneath the truck when you can have someone else operate the linkage for you, and try manually coaxing the linkage along from the transmission end to see if you can engage first gear.

You may be pleasantly surprised!

Best

Mark A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom