wrong condenser fan, leave it or change it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, its been getting hotter and hotter lately which made me notice that my ac is not as cold as it should be going highway speeds it gets cold as it should however at stop and go traffic it will mostly stop cooling or rather blow warmish air through the vents so far got new condenser, comperssor and evap unit as the old ones needed to be changed any ways but the problem is still there spraying water on the cpndenser will yield good results as it will start cooling again soo looking around I noticed that the condenser fan (which is working as it should) had the pigtail taped on which led me to check the part number on it (denso p/n: 0650003330) and I believe it was intended for 90's compact cars (mainly shows up as a replacement for 91-96 corolla and lancer) it looks like the same size as the original one but could it be the reason, and do different motors (that look the same) run at different speeds or something

Well I think some rigs didn't come with them at all so you know your mileage may vary but also parts interchange all over the place and I don't know if you need a bigger fan just because you have a bigger car if anything I would think like seats that those things are sized per human not per car but I don't know there is rear ac so that's also some additional room but did you check the charge in the system?

yup just checked it vaccumed and recharged just for good measure

so i had another fan from an old mercedes laying around so i wired that to test my ac using a relay held it in place with zip ties and away she blows still the ac didn't get any better only my alternator suffered through the 10 minutes test. so what is the cause for this poor cooling I have a new evap new denso compressor and new condensor the lines were flushed before installing could this be caused by a bad txv or what (sometimes after idelling for a while on hot days i hear a weird whistleing noise as if a valve moved and after that my compressor will start acting weird)

yeah turns out the txv was partially stuck some how it fixed it self now I can hear it hissing while opening and closing and ac is blowing cold again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom