Wrong ARB Snorkel (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,
I got a snorkel from an arb snorkel from vendor here in the us. I clicked on the 5.7 and received a box. Emptied the box and began installing on my 2011 200. Then I went to YouTube to get those good ole instructions, because the internet is always right. YouTube guy had the same problems and issues with figment. After getting all the way to the end to realize they sent me the 4.7 and not the 5.7 kit. Many swear words then occurred. Not to mention the fact that the YouTube guy installed the wrong one too.
My question is this. Is the lack of air flow difference going to damage the engine or just slow it down?

Thanks in advance.

PS. Please refrain from worthless bull**** comments about how I should have checked s***.

Last edited:
I don’t know the answer but given this is a fairly permanent mod - Eg cutting holes in the truck - if it were me I would also be swearing but would make sure I get the correct one. Given that it’s not reversible.

Yeah well when you order a specific thing, it has the pic of your Land Cruiser on the directions, and the guy on YouTube is making the exact same installation, most everything fits perfectly, I can’t ****ing imagine how I would make that mistake.

They only recently came out with the Safari snorkel for the 5.7a few years ago. I got one of the very first ones.

Prior to that everyone with a 5.7 just installed the 4.7 one, so I would not sweat it.

They only recently came out with the Safari snorkel for the 5.7a few years ago. I got one of the very first ones.

Prior to that everyone with a 5.7 just installed the 4.7 one, so I would not sweat it.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Why not just contact the vendor and get the correct one? That would be my first move.

Anyone who put a safari snorkel on pre 2019 used that older model as the new models did not exist. There were a lot of people who did that.

Safari came out with 2 models looks like they came out January 2019 from my correspondence.
The 5.7 engine they refer to as the 3UR-FE engine. They do not call the engine a 5.7.

The new parts as of January 2019 were pre 2015 update is part Number SS88HPE and post 10/2015 is part SS89HPE.

I put a snorkel on my Grand Cherokee Jeep and they sure do not make one specifically for a Grand Cherokee with e Mercedes Diesel engine.

SO I wouldn't sweat it especially if it's installed already, as thousands of others did install that older part.

If it's not installed just ask for the vendor to swap it out for correct part, I listed them above.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom