Wrong A/C Expansion Valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am curious if anyone else has run across this problem. This evening I attempted to install a new A/C expansion valve, I had ordered from MAN-A-FRE, on my 62. Unfortunately, it would not fit. The low side connected no problem, but the high side would not. Turns out the the new part high side fitting is larger than the old part fitting. Has anyone had this happen to them?

I checked the box on the new part, and it shows that the valve is listed for 75 to 1/90 All.

:confused:

Regardful said:
I am curious if anyone else has run across this problem. This evening I attempted to install a new A/C expansion valve, I had ordered from MAN-A-FRE, on my 62. Unfortunately, it would not fit. The low side connected no problem, but the high side would not. Turns out the the new part high side fitting is larger than the old part fitting. Has anyone had this happen to them?

I checked the box on the new part, and it shows that the valve is listed for 75 to 1/90 All.

:confused:

I would go OEM on the TXV, the part costs more but you won't end up being SOL!
Sorry, that wasn't meant to be sarcastic. CruiserDan from this board is a parts manager for a Toyota dealership in New Mexico and gives boardmembers a great discount and he really knows his Land Cruisers!

Toad

Toadhopper said:
I would go OEM on the TXV, the part costs more but you won't end up being SOL!
Sorry, that wasn't meant to be sarcastic. CruiserDan from this board is a parts manager for a Toyota dealership in New Mexico and gives boardmembers a great discount and he really knows his Land Cruisers!

Toad

I appreciate the advice! It does hurt when you have to buy the OEM parts, but it hurts worse when you tear into something only to find out you have the wrong part.

I was surprised though that I got the wrong part from Man-A-Fre. I only hope that I don't have some odd-ball setup on the A/C. I'm going to check and see what parts I can find locally, including a A/C pressure switch which I didn't order the first time.

I ran into the same thing. But also included in the box was an adapter to mate the "universal" expansion valve to the Land Cruiser hose. Maybe they forgot to put in the adapter. You might want to call MAF .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom