Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not wrenching myself, but took the truck in for a new thermostat, fan clutch and water pump. Has been running a little on the hot side...had to stop twice on the trail yesterday. Hoping/trusting that the guys at Redline Cruisers can get me squared away.

We replaced the starter again in Tim's 80, still have a p/s drip, parts should be on the way.

I took the C B out of the Jeep and put it in the 62.
I still have Eric's hand held cb and jeremy's 3 way plug in there from gsmtr.

I took the C B out of the Jeep and put it in the 62.
I still have Eric's hand held cb and jeremy's 3 way plug in there from gsmtr.

No more "I think we lost David again...."

Hold on, did I miss a HAMOM??? :crybaby:

Tim's 80 just got a new starter and PS pump! Someone needs to speak with his son regarding the type of wheeling he does...

no, no hamom...just trying to get ready for Logan's Run.

I never heard that, Matt.

Hold on, did I miss a HAMOM??? :crybaby:

Tim's 80 just got a new starter and PS pump! Someone needs to speak with his son regarding the type of wheeling he does...
Well, this might be a good opportunity to compare a $139 reman Duralast vs a $350 OEM starter. After a mere 6 months, the starter would turn, but nothing else. David explained the clutch assembly was not protruding to engage the flywheel, so Autozone gave me another starter and we put it on.

My power steering is still leaking and we traced it to the Suction Port Union. Again, the SPU is included with the OEM pump, but not the reman. I'm having trouble finding the SPU and o-ring, but at this point, I think I'll just change out the o-ring. After reading about Teddy's leak with an aftermarket o-ring on his SPU, I'll wait to get the OEM o-ring. The waiting is making LR less likely. LR should go well for the rest of you since Murphy's Law refuses to leave my side.

And just for busting my chops Jeremy, you owe me one of those grapefruit beers at the Lowcountry Boil, and for the beer, I'll trade you Murphy.

Thing is, LR was never in the cards for me, so come on over and get one anytime you want! I have the time off from work, but with extended business travel being imminent, I need to stay home and knock out some projects that are long overdue. Let me know, I can meet you at @ErikinSC 's house or on @TailsWCU 's boat!

Thing is, LR was never in the cards for me, so come on over and get one anytime you want! I have the time off from work, but with extended business travel being imminent, I need to stay home and knock out some projects that are long overdue. Let me know, I can meet you at @ErikinSC 's house or on @TailsWCU 's boat!
I'm game anytime, let me know. Do we coordinate with Erik or Matt, or just show up?

It's Wednesday evening, and there's nobody here..... so I'm assuming you will coordinate...? LOL Just let me know.

FWIW, I've got wrenches, beer and excuses.... so I'm game with 12 to 24 hours notice anytime.

I get the 40 back on Saturday. Look forward to some wrenching soon! At this point it just needs cosmetic stuff, so we can wrench on y'all's stuff. Unless we can get some welding classes from David, of course!

I don't know about welding classes from me, I not a very good welder, mostly trail and error...Maybe one day, I will take a class so I might know what I'm doing.

I don't know about welding classes from me, I not a very good welder, mostly trail and error...Maybe one day, I will take a class so I might know what I'm doing.
So no advanced welding classes, but maybe you can lead a welding 101 instruction.

I get the 40 back on Saturday. Look forward to some wrenching soon! At this point it just needs cosmetic stuff, so we can wrench on y'all's stuff. Unless we can get some welding classes from David, of course!

I was about to ask you last night how much longer until you got the 40 back ... That is excellent !

Does replacing an axle instead of wheeling count??

at least it was on a trailer, better than crawling around on the ground !!

Wrenching Sunday!

I swapped out my old and battered seats for some better looking ones. If anyone wants the original ones, let me know!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And I dremeled out the stupid center console cup holder on the 100. I think @BBQ BOY would have eventually done this.

image.jpeg

net step with the seats is to stip them, have them powder coated, and replace the padding and reassemble - during your future repaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom