Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Radio and Antenna installed. Taking the dash apart was nerve wrecking (for someone who hasn't done it before). Thankfully my wife was helping me out because I couldn't figure out how to disconnect the speedo, but she was able to get her hand behind the gauge cluster to do that which gave us the space we needed to work.

Hardest part was removing the power antenna; the motor is under the fender and I had to remove the washer reservoir to get to it, reach way into the inner fender wall, blah blah blah. Anyway, here's a pic of everything put together with the new stereo:

full

Cool! Gotta get the parts ordered... By the way, what happened to you Saturday night? We waited but never saw you so figured you took a different route home...
Saturday night in Florence? I couldn't waste that nightlife opportunity...had to cat around town. Sorry, I didn't realize y'all were waiting on me. It was shorter for me to take Hwy 52 back.

Kyle, looks really good.

I got my exhaust welded and re-installed.
I believe this is the first time I have ever driven it with an exhaust leak of some kind.
Sounds really good.
I spun the pinion flange while I had it up and heard something drop inside.
That will be another day. At least I can drive it .

ok, ive got the front axle back together and working, just have to fill it up with gear oil.
It looks like the ltd slip blup up. not sure what happened, but all the springs and gears were all apart and los of metal pieces in the bottom

so... you're good to go @dbenke ? Glad to hear !

should be good to go now

Wednesday, we got Mark's new tires and wheels on his hj61, MT wheels and 33/10.50/15 BFG AT,
really looks good with the lift he has now.

Today, on my truck, I changed the oil, replaced a heater hose, and adjusted the valves. No more tap, tap, tap.(yeah !!!!)
I will get the CB installed this week.

Glad you got some time for yourself ! Always appreciative of the work you do with and for the rest of us !

I regapped the points today... woo hoo! LOL trying to keep her in tip top shape. I also checked the exhaust, need to figure out if I should have ANY exhaust leak at the heater flapper below the exhaust manifold. Checked it with engine running and using a shop vac - didnt think it should be allowing exhaust to escape...

image.jpg

It really shouldn't, but with the age of these 40's, most of them will leak a little.

I also got my CB antenna mounted.... I liked Eric's setup from OTMT

image.jpg

I will try to finish the CB install in the next week or two. I chose the Cobra 75 WX ST for its compact size.
image.jpg

and earlier today, I got the seals installed on my 1/2 doors

image.jpg

and tried the fully vented, windshield down selfie after cruising back from Steel City (while I waited for the driveay to be cleared).

image.jpg

I will try to finish the CB install in the next week or two. I chose the Cobra 75 WX ST for its compact size.
View attachment 1130697[/QUOTE]

I have the same CB works great.

I had to rescue Scott on the interstate last night because the trans died.
When I get there, he was able to drive it up on the trailer.
Pulled the pan today and changed the filter(it was really dirty and clogged) put it back together, with a new filter
took it for a drive and it works fine.
I was thinking I was going to have to call Rick to buy that trans he was going to put in his.
If anyone has an a440f, I would recommend doing a filter change now before there is a problem.
Mine was done at lex-tech when he replaced the (down)shift cable, so it should be fine for a while.

I had to rescue Scott on the interstate last night because the trans died.
When I get there, he was able to drive it up on the trailer.
Pulled the pan today and changed the filter(it was really dirty and clogged) put it back together, with a new filter
took it for a drive and it works fine.
I was thinking I was going to have to call Rick to buy that trans he was going to put in his.
If anyone has an a440f, I would recommend doing a filter change now before there is a problem.
Mine was done at lex-tech when he replaced the (down)shift cable, so it should be fine for a while.
Scott's 60? What's going on with his 40?

yes, his 62...his 40 just sits there most of the time, he drives it maybe once a month

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom