Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

Thought I update you on an idea I had. "Wrenching Wednesday Updates". This will be my/our weekly post on FB/website for upcoming events, hamom's, or anything in general. If you have something you want to have posted on the site weather it be news, pics, articles or whatever. You can post it in this thread and I'll either post it right then and there or save it for "Wrenching Wednesday".

I would also like to use this for updates on what we are planning to do for upcoming HAMOM's. A list of who, what, where, when kind of thing.

Another name for this could be "Winching Wednesday Updates" I believe this will just keep us on top of posting/updating regularly. I think at the minimum a weekly and month should be put in place.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and if you have any ideas for future posts/updates.

Thanks,
TailsWCU

I like Wrenching Wednesdays.

Thanks for taking point on the coms. That will be a critical piece to continuing to build engagement and involvement.

Wrenching Wednesday's sounds good to me!

Winching, Wrenching or Wenching... I actually did smething involving ALL THREE today. :doh:

I called about my winch, talked and posted about my Weber38 :wrench:, and spend some quality time with the :princess: !

Been working some more on the 62.
Got the front axle all back together,shackle reversal done, limited slip in, longfields in, brake lines in, tie rods ends replaced,
filled with fluid.
Still have to:
Alignment
Hook up main brake line and bleed brakes
Change trans mount
Replace A /C belt
Replace tail pipe
Repair P /S leak
I may have to get a driveshaft spacer
Most of this won't take too long, and some won't need the lift, so I hope to get it rolling this week.

IMG280.jpg

Oh yeah, its not Wednesday, oh well, looked like a good place to post this.

I'll post about this Wed!

I missed the cutoff.... Valve adjustment Fridays?

2015-03-27 15.09.04.jpg

Finally had some wrenching time.
I welded the shackle reversal brackets,
removed the caster shims...they were for pinion alignment, set the caster off the wrong way, hoping to help the death wobble.
started mocking up the front bumper/ winch set up.
not really sure what I want it to looklike yet, but that 2 x 5 channel wil be plenty beefy.
I have a set of 4runner headlight guards to go on.
Looks like I'll have the welder out more this weekend.

Anyone wrenching this weekend?

I'm going to swap out the antenna and stereo in my 62 and cruise over to MP (see what I did there :flipoff2:) to see @dbenke to get a recommendation on what to do about a front recovery point (I'm thinking 1/2" steel bolted to the frame vs. the bolt-on recovery points on bumper).

Kyle, I am picking up a friends 62 first thing in the morning to do some work to it.
I should be around most of the day.
Sorry about last night, my wife snagged me and wanted to go shopping.

I'll be jetting and re-jetting a Weber 38 over the weekend.... again.

Last edited:
Kyle, I am picking up a friends 62 first thing in the morning to do some work to it.
I should be around most of the day.
Sorry about last night, my wife snagged me and wanted to go shopping.

No apology needed! I appreciate your willingness to work with me on the scheduling piece. Will come over in the morning for a brief consult.

Kyle, wish I was! I need to swap out the PS pump on my 80. I'm also considering swapping out the cooling system because I think my water pump is making noise... Not planning to drive the 80 again until August, so I have time. Good luck with your wrenching! May the cruiser gods smile upon you - and provide the gift of clean existing wiring (as opposed to a rat nest).

Kyle, wish I was! I need to swap out the PS pump on my 80. I'm also considering swapping out the cooling system because I think my water pump is making noise... Not planning to drive the 80 again until August, so I have time. Good luck with your wrenching! May the cruiser gods smile upon you - and provide the gift of clean existing wiring (as opposed to a rat nest).
Let us know if you need a hand, we can have a mini-HAMOM Summerville style. I'm getting pretty good at trouble shooting the PS pump.

Cool! Gotta get the parts ordered... By the way, what happened to you Saturday night? We waited but never saw you so figured you took a different route home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom