Wrenching Session Interest--NE Ohio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OGBeno

23303-56040
GOLD Star
Threads
Hey all:

Since the C-Bus folks have hostedthe past three events (one meeting and two wrenching sessions), a few of us up here in NE Ohio (Akron area) have decided to see if there is interest in a wrenching day up here.

We are thinking 2nd, 3rd, or 4th weekend of October up here in the Akron area. We have all the goods (tools, etc.) and a nice space too (Tim Harris's place--heated garage!!).

I know I am do for at least a wheel bearing repack and I have some new exhaust manifolds/gaskets to put on too.

I know Tim has a rear axle rebuild due.

I know that Marty has a front birf. job as well.

So, what's the interest folks? Post up and let's see if we can organize and keep this sucker going!!

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

As always it seems my dance card is filling up, but when you get a date let me know, I can make the drive up there, A lot depends on the sale of the house with my garage. We have had a few walk throughs and an offer if you could call it that...

I would also be willing to car pool up with someone if they dont mind riding in a sweet Honda Civic. LX with an automatic, and new muffler!!

No ones offered to tear into Tims rear end huh?

I could most likely do 10/22, this is the weekend of the WeRock Grand Nationals in Cbus. Wrench in Akron on Saturday, watch rockcrawling on Sunday. My birfs need some love but we can work on other people's junk. If I still have the 80.............

phishtaco said:
so whats the date?

Not certain yet Marty.

I'm in Boston till Oct. 3rd and I'll talk with Tim to see what his plans are.

I'll post up here ASAP about date and place.

best.
-onur

cool, just wondering....I gotta plan ahead with the wife and baby.

btw.....Are you ever working or just traveling

phishtaco said:
cool, just wondering....I gotta plan ahead with the wife and baby.

btw.....Are you ever working or just traveling

yeah, I work (3-4 jobs generally)...my brother is getting married tomorrow in Boston, so I took the week off to go to Yankee Toys Fall Gatherin and of course, some wrenching too.. ;)

I'll let you know when I know.

PS: post Austin pics man.... :grinpimp:

Sorry, have not been around lately.

How many are planning on going to the ROCK. IMHO, the place is somewhat
entertaining.

Maybe we can meet there for a meeting to get this club thing going again. We could then have a November wrench session in NE Ohio???

Just a thought

Karl

Karl..If we are not wrenching on Sat, I will be at the ROC both days. If we do wrench I'll be there Sunday.

BUCKEYE4X4 said:

entertaining.

Maybe we can meet there for a meeting to get this club thing going again. We could then have a November wrench session in NE Ohio???

Just a thought

Karl

Might be a good idea Karl.

Only thing is that I don't have a heated garage and things get mighty cold up here. I guess that's one of the reasons I wanted to tear into the front end before the cold and the snow.

But I'm up for meeting stuff...the front end work is not critical at this point.

The meeting and rockin' on the rocks sounds good....

Best.
-onur

I understand what your saying Beno.

We might be able to rebuild your front end at my shop and hit the event afterwords. We would just have to start early.

I have the tools and equipment, we would just need enough people.

It is in northwest Columbus.

Let me verify I can work this and then it is your call.

Karl

BUCKEYE4X4 said:
I understand what your saying Beno.

We might be able to rebuild your front end at my shop and hit the event afterwords. We would just have to start early.

I have the tools and equipment, we would just need enough people.

It is in northwest Columbus.

Let me verify I can work this and then it is your call.

Karl

This would be cool for me....I've got the weekend free no matter what I do

Let me know some dates. We are in contract on a house in East Lansing now. 1/4 acre. oversized 2 car garage with floor drain. Work bench already installed with room for my wood stove.

oh yeah the house is cool too, but who cares about that.

Looks like we close on that place on Nov. 7th. From there it gets bat**** crazy. anyone else ever have 3 mortgages at the same time????

you've actually have 4 mortgage payments....3 houses and daycare

BUCKEYE4X4 said:

entertaining.

Just a thought

Karl

Hey Karl:

So what weekend is this? I don't think I caught a date.

Let me know and I'll see what the deal is. Things are not shaping up that good on my end with work and all. I've been prancing around traveling for the past month or so and things are catching up.

Thanks.
-onur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom