Wrench Party in Austin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like it says, I am looking to wrench next weekend with some members. Anyone want to help or get together to wrench? I would like to have someone help and/or to wrench with over the next couple of weeks. I am doing mostly PM stuff, with a couple of mods(maybe).

List:
Front axle rebuild, including new bearings
Rear axle rebuild
Toyota 90k service(plugs, wires, cap, rotor, drain/flush/fill fluids)minus oil change
All radiator/water hoses, all 12 of them
PHH
PCV valve and grommet
Fuel filter
Starter contacts

This list will net me a solid baseline on the rig. I have owned it since March '06 and received no mechanical history or invoices. The maintenance history of the rig is not documented, but known. PO took it to a Toyota dealer for routine PM(i.e., oil changes and brake inspections). But other than routine PM, the rig has not been touched.

Is Saturday or Sunday better for anyone? I am shooting for either Sat., the 3rd or Sun., the 4th. Waiting on parts from CDan and FSM. Also, does anybody have a good place where we can get together? I will have FSM, some tools, and a torque wrench(15-200lbs).

Next weekend...........anyone?

I might be open for it..my wife and kiddo will be going out of town on Saturday, so I'll be free.

I'm up for either day. I have an ARB Bull Bar to install and some other stuff to put the rig back in to road condition after getting it back from the body shop. It's supposed to be finished this week. It's in the paint booth now and should be getting the trim put back on after that. Woo-Hoo!!! It's been toooooooo long getting this one fixed.

Nice, I am definitely ready!! One problem still poses...where to get together? As I've indicated, I do not have a safe place for all of us to get together. I will provide beer/food/refreshments, can someone provide a place?

MAJOR FRUSTRATION!!
(with a silver lining)

I just got home from the job site, my new restaurant, with some exciting news. We are going to open sooner than planned.

The frustration: after trying to put this together for a while, I cannot attend. I am going to be putting together tables and chairs and starting to map out the logistics of how the line is going to run.

This is what I feared was going to happen and now I worry if all this will get done before the summer. That is why I was trying to get this done last month, I had an open schedule and all the time in the world. Oh, well.......

Good luck, and if you guys can postpone until next Sunday, I can commit. Otherwise, have fun and enjoy tightening up your rig.

No biggie man...I know how hard it is to have free time. Where is your restaurant going to be located? Type? Discount? :)

Oh, sorry!! Thought you knew.

Since you asked (shameless plug):

www.leafsalad.com

We are opening in the 2nd St. District, downtown Austin. We are serving all salads, gourmet or downhome with an endless supply of toppings, 68 to be exact, and 20 homemade dressings. We are not sandwich & salad, wrap &/or salad, or anything else. Just salad, entree size. The feel of the restaurant is of a farmers market with lots of wood and actual produce for sale. Come in and check us out. Opening in a couple of weeks!!!!!

Oh, and discount. You bet..come in and talk to me.

I will be there opening week!

Henry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom