Wrecked 2006 LX470 Budget Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice work! Just finding a front-end clip and hood is a major accomplishment.

The first picture shows a perfect RH FRT wheel. Needing LCA, knuckle & UCA etc.. was that the spare put on after accident?

I've worked on a few that had front right damage. Where UCA and or LCA replacement was done or needed. In some I've found frame alignment pull marks. The frame gets shifted or bent to the left, so they pull back to right. Only issue I've had is getting number 7 coil out, due to engine shifting with frame. I end up bending the AC line, just enough for clearance.

You're doing such a clean job. Maybe worth taking in for frame alignment before wheel alignment.

Nice work! Just finding a front-end clip and hood is a major accomplishment.

The first picture shows a perfect RH FRT wheel. Needing LCA, knuckle & UCA etc.. was that the spare put on after accident?

I've worked on a few that had front right damage. Where UCA and or LCA replacement was done or needed. In some I've found frame alignment pull marks. The frame gets shifted or bent to the left, so they pull back to right. Only issue I've had is getting number 7 coil out, due to engine shifting with frame. I end up bending the AC line, just enough for clearance.

You're doing such a clean job. Maybe worth taking in for frame alignment before wheel alignment.
Thank You 🙏
I switched the wheels because the original wheel tire was blown. Frame was measured with tram gauge and the front end clip was perfectly aligned. The lx starts and drives and no problems so far. Frame was untouched. Here’s the original picture.
B17E8E5D-915F-4AF4-A9B6-A783AD7DC187.jpeg

Truly impressive work!

On a side note, love the 912. Are you going to turn it into a 912-6 or keep the 4?

Last edited:
Impressed! Feels good having the front of that truck back together lol. I know the feeling

Are you going to have the entire truck painted when you're all done or just the front clip and blend?

Front clip and maybe blend. Will see how close they can match.

Cool. Curious how that turns out. Any indication on costs yet? Feel free to DM if you don't want to make that public!!

Looks incredible and congrats on the rebuild/restart dude! Dumb question, but are you going to have to register as a Salvaged vehicle? Or are you not planning on keeping?

Nice cobra!!! Yeah, seems like winter is pretty much done here in No. NV as well. Supposed to be in the low 60s all this week and into next. Either this is signs of a nasty, hot year to come or Mother Nature has something else up her sleeve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom